Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 29th, 2004, 09:27 AM
Alan Bailey

Default Laundry in Honolulu - Infinity ?

We are booked round trip to Hawaii on the Infinity March - April 2005 and already worried about laundry for this three week cruise. Had laundry done aboard the Zenith last spring but pricy and over-starched, and used woolite to rinse out underwear and socks to hang dry in shower (this works OK if press dry between your used bathtowels before hanging, but not for t shirts, etc that need a tumble dry)

Does anyone know of a good self-serve laundromat to use while we are stopped the two days in Honolulu? May rent a car and drive to the north shore also. Wish Celebrity provided these on-board.
Sponsored Links
Old June 29th, 2004, 10:16 AM
hcat

Default Re: Laundry in Honolulu - Infinity ?

Sorry I can't help on the laundry issue--do your best with the sink I guess.What three week cruise is this--sems like a long trip on Infinity? Where does it stop?
Old June 29th, 2004, 12:54 PM
Alan Bailey

Thanks. This is actually two back-to-back cruises, ten days from Ensenada to Honolulu and eleven days back, so its a full round trip from Ensenada. Leaves March 27 and returns April 17. There are two full days in Honolulu in the exact middle of the three weeks - thus my question about working in some laundry if possible. We may have to just pack enough for three weeks.

It's actually not a lot more to do the full round trip when you consider the cost of hotel and meals for a few extra days in Hawaii added onto the cost of a one-way cruise plus the additional airfare for only flying home from Honolulu rather than round trip from our home in the midwest to San Diego.
Old June 29th, 2004, 02:30 PM
hcat

Wee it sounds like a great idea to me--have a great time---
Old June 29th, 2004, 04:45 PM
Passenger

When you get to Honolulu, open the Yellow Pages. There are several self-serve laundramats around Honolulu.

If you are going to be in Waikiki, I can recommend a good one. Get on Ala Moana Blvd, you'll come to a light where the Hilton Hawaiian Village is on your right. Take a left there. (If you were in the HHV, coming out of the main drive, you would go straight across Ala Moana). The street bends to the right. On the right, side, next to 7-11 at the corner of Kalakua Ave is a self serve laundramat. Very clean and reasonable. we used it when we were at HHV
Old June 29th, 2004, 04:49 PM
Admiral

Don't forget, Honolulu is a real city . Although the typical tourist does not know where there is a laundrymat, chances are all you have to do is drive down any main road in a residential neighborhood, or ask a cab driver or look in a phone book to find one.
You can use a web site like anywho.com to search business types (like a yellow pages) by city. Maybe you can find a wash and fold type service where you can just leave your laundry and come back in a few hours for it. I would not want to waste valuable vacation time waiting for a dryer. Rather be touring the island, playing golf, doing a beach , visiting Pearl Harbor, seeing the Polynesian Cultural Center, surfing
or whatever, than doing laundry.
Old June 30th, 2004, 10:50 AM
Alan Bailey

Default Re: Re: Laundry in Honolulu - Infinity ?

Thanks hcat, PapaBill and BobC!

I guess I was forgetting that Honolulu is an American City, so should have yellow pages, etc. Probably will use the wash and fold suggestion, rather than use our limited time in a laundry. Might as well stay home if we're going to do that.

Too bad Celebrity doesnt' have these on the ship like some other lines. Seems like a good revenue generator for them and wouldn't be a big inconvenience to do it on one of those long at-sea days.
Old June 30th, 2004, 12:06 PM
big apple

Default Re: Re: Re: Laundry in Honolulu - Infinity ?

I do not know about others, but I never had a long day at sea and as matter of fact wish there were more of them as you are never rushed to do anything.