Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 31st, 2004, 01:19 PM
Passenger

Default Century Questions Please Help!

I have a lot of questions, so if anyone can help thank you in advance!

Has anyone been on this western carribean cruise in February before? Any tips on shore excursions? Ocho Rios, Cozumel, Grand Cayman......What is the weather typically like?

Do the rooms with an "upper berth" listed look any different then regular rooms?

Will they make the bed into full size if you want for the entire trip? I can't remember if this cruise line does that. Does Celebrity have spa specials on certain days? Before you leave port is there still a discount to buy the week in the Thermos. Therapy pool?
Does anyone know which days are the formal, informal etc?

We booled the conceirge class because it was only like $70 more and I figured what the heck. After reading all the negative stuff, I am having second thoughts, but oh well. Can we ask to not have the canapes?

With the 9-11 security measures in place do we still get our luggage delivered to our staterooms, or do we have to take it ourselves? I have been on Mercury. How does it compare to Century?
Thanks!

Post Edited (08-05-04 12:50)
Sponsored Links
Old August 6th, 2004, 06:23 PM
Amy Shupert

Default Re: Century Questions Please Help!

I can answer some of your questions but not all. We were on the Century in April and the weather was sunny and 85-90 every day. The formal nights are Sunday and Thursday. They still deliver your luggage to your cabin. As for what to do, we did a tour of Ocho Rios with Phil Lafayette and had a great time, the tour was $30.00 a person and that included the $10.00 fee for Dunn's River Falls. We did Stingray City in Caymen Islands and I'd call that a must -do !! In Cozumel we went to San Gervasio to see the Mayan ruins and had a short tour of the island. The ruins were interesting but not of the quality you'd find in Tulum. If you have any questions feel free to e-mail me.
Old August 6th, 2004, 09:27 PM
Beginner

Hi there
If you are going to Cozumel in Feb, and you like to fish...Sailfish are GREAT there that time of year....but seas are a little rough there. They will make the bed however you wish...and CC for $70 is worth it just for the flowers and the priority seating
have fun!!
Kara
Old August 9th, 2004, 07:37 AM
seabee

If you have never been to OR then I'd recommend a tour with Peat Taylor...or some one to include Dunns River falls. In Cozumel, shopping is good (and I'm a guy) but snorkelling/diving is even better. You can rent a jeep and drive around the Island stopping at a few of the beaches to snorkel as you go. Chankanab Park is always on a must do list. Grand Cayman is another place that most of the fun is underwater. SRC is fun if you've never done it.

Yes they will leave your beds anyway you want them. Yes the rooms with upper berths look just like the others (jsut don't bump your head).

Spa usually has specials on Port Days.

T-Pool can be paid for by the week.

Mercury is almost identical to Century.

Have fun.