Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 2nd, 2004, 09:06 AM
Anthony F

Default Roll Call Century Nov. 27, Kids & What to expect....

Finally booked a cruise & now wondering if I did the right thing (ha ha ha).

Children 8 & 11 love the RCCL commercials and wanted to go with them.... I wanted the food. Price for this cruise just too good, though I'm sure the extras add up.

Have heard about the spa and the pool. Is there a weekly pass to the "special pool"? I think it is $15/person/day (which is $60 for 4), which is expensive.

How much extra money is needed on the ship (net of shopping). I think $200 in tips (net of where an automatic 15% added).

Any other recommendations or pointers much appreciated.....

Thanks,
Sponsored Links
Old August 2nd, 2004, 09:16 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Roll Call Century Nov. 27, Kids & What to expect....

The "special pool" you refer to is called a Thelasotherapy pool. It is really a spa treatment and to begin with leave the kids out. Think of it as being a respite from the active day and a way to get away from the kids for 40 minutes each day.
The pool is essentially a very large hot tub. It is fitted with variours"stations to massage and relax individual body parts as well as the overall body. The tub operates in cycles of 20 to 25 minutes and is very soothing and relaxing experience. You can usually purchase a weekly pass that comes to much less than the $15 per day.
As I said, not to be mean to the kids, this is really an adult activity. After all, we are the ones with the tired bodies and sore bones.
Unlike the Millenium class ships, this pool is inside the spa. We are very much looking forward to this on our Century Cruise, used it everyday on our Mercury cruise as a wind down from our day just before getting ready for dinner.
Old August 2nd, 2004, 10:27 AM
Anthony F

Default Re: Roll Call Century Nov. 27, Kids & What to expect....

Okay no kids..... Just trying to make sense out of the myriad of info available. Hey I'll be more then happy if the kids are in the kid specific programs......