Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 2nd, 2004, 10:17 AM
Trakkie

Default Celebrity Good for Young People?

My family and I will be sailing on the Century at the end of August. I am early 20s, at that age where I am way too old for the teenagers but don't quite want to hang out with my parents' set yet. Has anyone had experience with this? Is the Celebrity cruise line good for young adults? Thanks very much for the help. Tracy.
Sponsored Links
Old August 2nd, 2004, 02:14 PM
danalan

Default Re: Celebrity Good for Young People?

Our experience has been that Celebrity is targeted more for adults your parents age (40s??) and up. However, on a shorter cruise (less than 10 days) and also during the summer you will probably see more people your own age.

Part of your success in meeting people your own age is to frequent the public areas at the right times (pool in the afternoon, disco at night and shore excursions that have a high level of physical activities)

Good luck
Old August 3rd, 2004, 09:31 AM
jamiegunter

Our last cruise was on the Century, we are in late 20s early 30s. There was not alot in our age group, and if they were they had children. Was alot of older folks on that sailing. We sailed in April so maybe more younger crowd in summer time. Dont know, but we are gonna stick with Carnival for now on, until we get older at least
Old August 5th, 2004, 01:07 PM
Passenger

My experience on Celebrity was the crowd were my parents age. I'm 35 and felt even people my age on the ship were there with family /children/reunion type things. It is a very low key ship (which I prefer) no announcements, no trying to get you to play games at poolside, BINGO at 3 sort of thing. They have very compehensive newsletters everyday that tell you of all activities and you choose. I teach young children and have 2 children under 10, so my cruise time is a time for relaxation. Many of my friends go on Carnival and have a blast, they say it's young and there is always fun to be had. Celebrity is known more for its refined elegance, good food and service. It attracts an older group. Just my experience....