Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 30th, 2004, 03:37 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Celebrity Food

I never go hungry on any cruise.

I have only been on the Horizon and Summit so far and I found the Horizon to have better dining room food than the Summit. I was quite surprised.

Although Summit's lunch buffets were better than the Horizon.

You can't win.

Although the Summit has the Spa food which I found fabulous and the Normandy Restaurant excellent. Cova Cafe's crouissants are to die for. I was there everyday for my java and warm french pastries.

I am going on the Constellation in October and the Millenium in January. So I will have better review of all those ships in comparison with each other.

Personally, I can always find something good to eat and keep in mind if your dinner is not up to par, ask for them to bring you something else. They are always willing to please.

As far as the midnight buffets, I wish they would send the food to a third-world country instead of putting on a buffet like they do. I never do the midnight buffet since I do late seating and don't like to eat before bed. I think it's a waste of food. I much prefer the nice tidbits they come around with at the bars....something to soak up the alcohol. Very nice touch.

PS: I like the Olive Garden...and I'm a full-blooded Italian.

Happy cruising.

2005 Millenium, Voyager of the Seas, Jewel of the Seas B2B
2004 Explorer of the Seas, Constellation (Canada/New England)
2003 Horizon (Bermuda), Summit
2002 Explorer of the Seas, Brilliance of the Seas (Caribbean)
Old August 30th, 2004, 03:55 PM
tabitha

Default Re: Re: Celebrity Food

I just got back from a 10 day mediterranean cruise on the Galaxy and I have to say I was always stuffed. I would not say that the food was five star but I think b/c I have "ruined" my palate by frequenting some restaurants I would consider 4 star or better. The steaks were best and lamb next. They did well on the scallops and shrimp cocktail. Soups were good and I had some excellent appetizers. The worst was the shrimp and lobster. But overall, I would not be afraid to go back and eat on the Galaxy. My tip is to ask the waiter for recommendations each evening and follow his exactly.
Old August 30th, 2004, 04:58 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Mike J

We sailed on Century in June. The poolside grill was - well, a poolside grill. The main dining was superb. We would have enjoyed comparable food and service at any of our favorite dining haunts, but on a ship with 1,800 other people, served at nearly the same time... I'd have to see better to believe better. We ate at both the main breakfast buffet and in the dining room, never had a complaint. I'd really love to cruise with a line that could do better, because we thought this was as close to perfection as anyone could hope for on such a scale. Not to be to subtle, it was great. My brother and several of his friends sailed on Carnival out of New Orleans the same week, all they could talk about were the hot dogs.

MJ
Old September 1st, 2004, 09:34 AM
Yeoman

I can't wait to experience this food for myself. We are leaving on the Summit 10/25! My mouth is already watering!
Old September 1st, 2004, 12:30 PM
hcat

For M class ships the aquaspa cafe is a real find for lunch & breakfast--healthy foods (mostly) & the line moves quickly.
Old September 5th, 2004, 09:52 PM
newmexicoNita

We found the presentation of the meals to be a little better than other mass mraketed lines and the desserts were awesome. The buffet although again, presented very nicely were boring and no variety. (I am not a big buffet person) Lunch in the dining room was outstanding. Over all the food was good, but mass marketed is still mass marketed. The Frog leg appitizer I had so looked forward too was tough and tasteless and the Escargot was Escargot. If you like OUTBACK steakhouse you will go nuts over Celebrity food. If you prefer RUTHS" CHRIS you will be disappointed. Food is subjective so this is just my opinion. NMNIta