Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 9th, 2004, 01:40 PM
Total Jackass

Default Urgent Notice Regarding Infinity

I am crusing on the Infinity August 29th and I just had a few questions. Will my cabin window be dirty? What color is the carpet in the room? If there are threads hanging off the bed Spread can I request a new one? What size are the water glasses in the cabin? If the condensation from the water pictcher drips off and lands on my passport do I have any type of recourse against the cruise line? Are the hinges on the cabin door brass or some type of cheap metal? Do the buttons on the elevator light up when you push them or are they just the cheap kind with no lights? When i board the ship and they take my picture for security can I get copies of the picture? Is the toilet paper in the cabin bathroom soft or shall I bring my own? What brand of Qtips do they put in those glass jars in the bathroom? Last cruise on the Mercury I stuck one in my ear and I found it to be very uncomfortable! What about the cottonballs? Those seemed to be very cheap and kind of like rubbing little sea urchins on my face. If I request rose petal to be thrown at my feet as I walk around the ship can I choose the color petals I want? Well I guess thats all the questions I have. I realize there are so many more important questions on this board so if you cant get around to answering mine I will understand.

Best Regards,

T.J.

RCCL - Voyager of the Seas - West Car. Oct 2002
Orient Lines - Marco Polo - Rome and the Rivieras. April 2003
Celebrity - Mercury - Mexican Riviera - February 2004
Celebrity - Infinity - Inside Passage - August 2004
Sponsored Links
Old August 9th, 2004, 02:38 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: Urgent Notice Regarding Infinity

Yes,earth tones,yes,drink size,no-move the pass port,light up,no,bring your own,no q-tips or cotton balls,the color will depend on what's in season (don't forget to push the vaccum cleaner in a forward motion and to empy the bag often).
Old August 9th, 2004, 02:43 PM
Total Jackass

Default Re: Re: Urgent Notice Regarding Infinity

!!!!!!! im so glad someone gets my sick sense of humor! Thanks for not taking this seriously or as an insult like many thin skinned people in here.
Old August 9th, 2004, 04:06 PM
Cruise Maniac

You got me on the first question, Total, then the second I was wondering... but by the third I was giggling.

Thanks for the good laugh!
Old August 9th, 2004, 06:01 PM
Captain

Hilarious! However, I did learn some good info for our last
cruise and I've been on 14 of them...so keep those answers
coming! Sometimes having the answers to specific questions,
just makes packing, etc. much easier. Now your questions...
good luck on your next cruise!
Old August 10th, 2004, 07:27 AM
hcat

KNew there was a reason for the screenname!
Old August 14th, 2004, 05:13 PM
Passenger

You had me laughing so hard I was almost crying! I tried to read it aloud to someone else and couldn't stop laughing! That message summed up all the just plain stupid questions and complaints that some people bring to this forum. Thanks for the comic relief.....
Old August 15th, 2004, 10:58 AM
Cruise Maniac

Not to take this seriously or sound thin skinned or without humour (yes you made me laugh) but just out of curiousity which type of questions are acceptable to you?
Old August 15th, 2004, 01:23 PM
Total Jackass

I have no issue with people asking questions but it seems like the same mundane questions are asked over and over and over again in here. If people would just search through the posts im sure they will find multiple questions and answers regarding the sneaking alcohol on board Celebrity ships. Somehow the question continues to pop up about 2 - 3 times a week. This is just one example.
Old August 16th, 2004, 12:20 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Refreshing humor!!! Thanks, TJ!!!!!

Old August 16th, 2004, 01:22 PM
dguiltinan

So, TJ, just what DO you think about sneaking alcohol aboard???
Old August 16th, 2004, 02:16 PM
minpa

TJ

Why are you torturing yourself by hanging around this website? Wouldn't you be happier starting your own -- maybe even a newsgroup for the enlightened? I did a whois search for totaljackassthinkshesagod.com and it is available! Go for dude!
Old August 16th, 2004, 03:48 PM
Total Jackass

Torture!!???? I love this website. It is purely narcissistic and an anal retentives dream come true. If I were a sociology PhD candidate I could do my dissertation on this website.
Old August 16th, 2004, 03:54 PM
Total Jackass

I think sneaking alcohol on board ship is rather tacky if you get caught. If you get away with it its pure genious. I have found out that those security people can be bought off. I was on Voyager of the Seas 2 years ago and for 30.00 my cabin steward arranged it so that I could get through at the ports with no problem. Worked like a charm. The staff on some of those cruise ships have kind of a mafia thing going on.
Old August 16th, 2004, 06:23 PM
hcat

When do you sail away?
Old August 18th, 2004, 08:17 AM
Yeoman

I figured since you asked - I should answer. When I first read your post I thought "What an idiot" then I thought "I get his point".

On a serious note - Just remember one thing: For someone who has never cruised and don't know anyone who has (Like my first cruise) these questions are very important to them. They are not only excited, they might be a little apprehensive and want to make themselves feel secure in their choice to go on a cruise. Also they don't want any surprises and don't want to "look" as if they have no clue!
Old August 18th, 2004, 08:04 PM
AR

cruisequeen

I have no doubt that you're right. Many people are apprehensive.

But Total Jackass really does have a good point, as you acknowledge and as I have mentioned here before.

Some of the questions people post are just great. But I also feel. . .

1. That people should check the last couple months worth of posts, where the answers to most questions can easily be found.

2. That people should ask themselves whether a BB is the best place to get their particular question answered (or would, for example, the State Department or the cruise line itself be the most authoritative source?).

3. . . .and this is purely a personal perspective. . . That more people should allow for a few more unkowns in their travel worlds. Yes, you should plan for the basics, but you should also leave room for targets of opportunity, variations from the plan, a bit of spontenaity. If every "i" is dotted and "t" is crossed beforehand, the trip becomes a simple matter of playing the music as written, rather than allowing for some improvisation here and there. I know that one of the attractions of cruising is that most everything is taken care of, but leave a little room for surprises! Most of them are pleasant. Some of the "'nth degree" questions are symptomatic of people who don't want any surprises, and I think that's too bad.

Knowing which night will feature roast beef at dinner, and questions like it are, as the Jackass says, just a little on the anal side.
Old August 19th, 2004, 10:19 AM
Yeoman

AR
You are right that every detail should not and can not be accounted for. Some folks go a little over board (no punn intended).
But what is important to one person is silly to another.