Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 16th, 2004, 11:09 AM
Mia

Default Summit 11 day 10/25/04

We are cruising for the first time 11 day Southern Carribean 10/25/04 on Summit. Booked a category 2 suite with a small balcony, Can anyone advise me on what to expect as far as what type of clothing we will need while dining at the late seating? Do men wear suits and ties or is it okay to wear a sportcoat? Can we bring beer (i know how ordinary, but were not wine drinkers) on board? Any advise would be very much appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old August 18th, 2004, 08:10 AM
Yeoman

Default Re: Summit 11 day 10/25/04

Formal nights are suite and tie for men - Informal is sports jackets - Casual is polo shirts. This is just a generalization.
You can sneak beer on but beer is priced about the same as if you went to a bar on land. I'd rather not hassel with it but that's up to you. I would put it in your checked luggage but PAD IT WELL as they throw luggage around!
Old August 20th, 2004, 08:09 PM
John and Tricia

Default Re: Summit 11 day 10/25/04

Hi! This is our first time too, but we've done a little (ok, a lot) of research about Celebrity. We saw that the daytime attire is pretty casual, shorts and t-shirts/polos. For the formal nights, a dark suit for men and a dressy pantsuit or a short or long dress is appropriate. We're not sure about the beer thing, but if you could keep us up to date oon that, we'd appreciate it! Hope to talk to more.
Old August 24th, 2004, 11:43 AM
Susan Hofer

Default Re: Re: Summit 11 day 10/25/04

On Formal nights you will see everything from tuxes to suits on men, even the occasional sport coat for the guy who doesn't own a suit. On the women, it can be formal gowns, sequin tops (my favorite) w/skirts or dressy pants, or I have even seen what I call "go to church" dresses. No jeans, t-shirts, shorts in the dining room.

On Informal nights, my husband has worn the silk tee w/a sports coat and I have worn a dressier pants outfit or nice dress.

On casual nocs, its polo shirts w/dockers for the guys and dressy shorts outfits, capris & tops, slacks and tops for the girls. Take a sweater or shawl as the dining room can be quite chilly if you are sleeveless.

We have never been turned away from the dining room because of our attire. (No other reason either. ) If you are neat and clean and somewhere in the range of the dress code of the night, you will be fine.