Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 17th, 2004, 03:47 PM
Captain

Default Best hotels Ft Lauderdale

Leaving on the Summit 10/25, any suggestions on a good hotel close to
cruise port..clean and decent rates? Was thinking of Comfort Inn by Airport/cruiseport,
but reviews on Travelocity are not good. Anyone stay there?

Any suggestions would be appreciated. We do not need a shuttle to
cruiseport.
Sponsored Links
Old August 17th, 2004, 07:31 PM
hcat

Default Re: Best hotels Ft Lauderdale

Stayed there in March--very old, outside room entry, no real restaurant--have to walk to makll. Pool was dirty. If it's your only choice it's OK but much better off on 17th St Causeway area--Amerisuites much better for similar price.We would not go back at all.
Old August 17th, 2004, 11:45 PM
GoatPro

Default Re: Re: Best hotels Ft Lauderdale

We are staying at the Comfort Suites Airport & Cruise Port in late Oct but it is on SFederal. The travelocity reviews gave 3 out of 5 stars and that was for a hotel on Stirling Road. Don't think that it is the same. I have gone in to the Comfort Suites Airport and Cruise Port web site and it was remodeled in 2002. Looks good and our group is looking forward to staying there.
Old August 18th, 2004, 12:24 AM
GoatPro

Default Re: Re: Best hotels Ft Lauderdale

We are staying at the Comfort Suites Airport & Cruise Port in late Oct but it is on SFederal. The travelocity reviews gave 3 out of 5 stars and that was for a hotel on Stirling Road. Don't think that it is the same. I have gone in to the Comfort Suites Airport and Cruise Port web site and it was remodeled in 2002. Looks good and our group is looking forward to staying there.
Old August 18th, 2004, 07:38 AM
Passenger

We stayed at the Embassy Suites. They will pick you up from the airport & take you to the ship on day of embarkation. Not only do you get a suite as opposed to just 1 room but you also get a full complimentary breakfask and afternoon managers reception. Their facilities are great and many dining options are within easy walking distance. I met some guests when I was there who said they paid $55.00 per night through priceline.

Have a great trip!
Old August 18th, 2004, 07:55 AM
Yeoman

Lou - I will be on board with you!!! I got a great deal on Amerisuite's on 17th. $62.80 a night.
Old August 18th, 2004, 12:26 PM
hcat

Great price for Amerisuites. The Comfort Hotel we did not like was definitely onStirling Road--do not know abt the other location.
Old August 18th, 2004, 06:45 PM
cruisersdm

We stayed at Comfort Inn on Sterling Road both is Jan 03 and Jan 04. We will not stay there again. It's tired and the elevators were scary. We are staying at the Amerisuites on 17th st in Jan 05. Also, we rent a car for overnight and then take the Hertz bus to the pier. We've done this two years in a row and it was great. I thought the bus at the hotel wasn't as convienent, crowded and long lines.
Old August 18th, 2004, 08:24 PM
hcat

agree with prior post--I forgot about the rickety elvators...& if you arrive early your baggae is stored in outdoor locker--not very accessible....
Old August 19th, 2004, 05:12 AM
Admiral

The Marriott Marina is a great property. You get to see how the "other half" lives seeing all the yachts, etc. Great place.

RCCL Allure of the Seas - September 18, 2011
Celebrity Eclipse - February 11, 2012:
RCCL Navigator OTS - February 9, 2013
Old August 27th, 2004, 01:24 PM
First Mate

if you are looking for econmy i would like to suggest that you stay in the springhill suites. it is ownedby the marriott. they give free cont. breakfast in the mornings. and the other plus about them is they offer a freeshuttle from the airport to the hotel and then a free shuttle to the ships. this will saveu a lot of mony on taxis. and to be honest the hotel is pretty nice.