Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 21st, 2004, 05:14 AM
RObie

Default Check your Charges carefully

My cruise credit card bill arrived about 2 weeks after returning from my cruise. It did not agree with the final statement from the cruise. It was higher. I called the credit card co and celebrity. I had been double charged an item and was assured by Celebrity that a credit for the item would appear on my next credit card statement. It never appeared. WHen I called Celebrity, they claimed that they had no record of this incident. Also, they said that they had to investigate it. Another hassle. I contacted my credit card co and wrote the required "disputed item" form. I hope that they have better luck? In any case, I refuse to pay for something that I did not charge or receive.
Sponsored Links
Old August 21st, 2004, 09:31 AM
janz

Default Re: Check your Charges carefully

The thing to do is to check your charges at the end of each day, onboard. Any overcharges, etc, can be taken care then.
Old August 21st, 2004, 09:33 AM
AR

In a case like this you should always insist that the charge be reversed on your shipboard account before you leave the vessel. There's no reason they can't do this. By doing it this way you keep the credit card company out of the picture and you resolve the issue with Celebrity directly.

If they tell you they can't reverse it, politely tell them that, to the contrary, they can and they must, and that you won't leave the ship until they do.

If you let your shipboard account stand with an error on it, and you leave the ship, you're virtually assured of having the problem that you're now facing.
Old August 21st, 2004, 12:02 PM
Jeanne&Ellis

We were double charged for a bingo game, called CS and had it fixed without a problem. We always check it now before we leave the ship.

Old August 21st, 2004, 04:02 PM
hcat

We check twice a day. They did not give us a proper credit for the specialty dining on last cruise with celeb..Called & it was corrected by the next day. We also keep every single charge slip that we sign on board. Agree that it is best to check before leaving ship.--they have your account right there & you have your receipts inhand. Hope it gets resolved.
Old August 22nd, 2004, 09:36 AM
Babette

Daily charges can be checked on your incabin television. That way you resolve the issue then and there.
Old August 24th, 2004, 04:47 PM
sweet sheep

Default Re: Re: Check your Charges carefully

Keep every signed slip you receive for what you purchase and check it often or at the end of the cruise. I have found errors but they always change them without any problem. If they say there is a charge you do not agree with they have to prove that you signed something for that charge. Works every time.
Old August 24th, 2004, 10:29 PM
Administrator
Admiral

RObie:
If I understand correctly the charges on your credit card statement were higher than your final bill that you received onboard the ship. If this is correct then you did the correct thing. If Celebrity will not credit the charge I would do just what you did and dispute the charge. Don't pay for something you didn't receive.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old August 25th, 2004, 12:32 PM
hcat

Looks like all but last poster did misread the original post--hope it worked out & was resolved.
Old August 27th, 2004, 08:03 PM
SueClark

I wish we would have the results of his final statement.

There have been times when my DH and I had to reconcile a statement... as to what was actually posted on it!