Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 27th, 2004, 02:35 PM
Beginner

Default NEED CABIN Recommendations for Mercury

Hi Everyone,

My husband and I are sailing on Celebrity's Mercury on October 3rd. (10 day trip) on the Mexican Riveria.

We booked a balcony. (although we wanted a suite - they were sold out). Does anyone who has sailed on this ship in that room category, have any particular room recommendations or at least what level to stay on?

We want to be sure our balcony is unobstructed and totally private. I've heard that some are not private. Low noise area of ship would be great too. Of course, we want it all! :-)

Your help is appreciated!
David
Sponsored Links
Old August 27th, 2004, 05:38 PM
SueClark

Default Re: NEED CABIN Recommendations for Mercury

Deck 12 - Sky Deck is the best for balconies, but it is mostly Sky Suites - there are 4 smaller cabins there too so you might watch for them.

Sue
Old August 28th, 2004, 11:10 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Thompson:
If you can get a CC or Cat 2 cabin on Penthouse deck you will be closer to the buffet and pool deck. Go for something that is toward the middle or front of the ship. There can be a bit of vibration in the aft when the thrusters are engaged. This is only for a few minutes when entering or leaving port and not too noticeable on the higher decks.

As Sue said, if you can get one of the CC cabins on deck 12 that would be wonderful. They have huge balconies but they are quickly booked.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old August 29th, 2004, 07:53 PM
Cruise Maniac

I think it's important to note that balconies are not "totally private". People can look around partitions, through cracks and spaces in the barriers, down on you from above and up at you from promenade decks. If you're sitting on your balcony talking, your conversation can easily be overhead by anyone on the balconies near you. Private isn't how I'd describe any balcony.
Old August 29th, 2004, 08:30 PM
hcat

We had either 1065 or 1062 right next to a suite midships--very convenient to top decks for buffet & pool & spa . Loved that cabin! It may ow be a cc class cabin but we enjoyed it--balcony was average but private--we did lean over & say hi a few times with the folks in the suite next door! Only noise we experienced was when other cruisers left balcony doors open at night creating a howling wind. Fixed that by using a towel to block the air coming in under the door. Enjpoy your trip Doing a 7 day to same area on Vision
Old August 30th, 2004, 11:18 AM
Frequent Cruiser

"we did lean over & say hi a few times with the folks in the suite next door!"

If the inhabitants of each cabin were already at their railings and viewing the same scenery, then it's fine to say "hi," but if you lean around a railing to say "hi" to those on your adjoining balcony otherwise, I think it is very rude.

Most people like complete privacy on their balconies.
Old August 31st, 2004, 07:48 PM
hcat

I would never intrude but our neighbors would be out same time as us at the railing enjoying the sights & all enjoyed friendly conversation....nothing rude about that!