Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 31st, 2004, 03:48 PM
Fijian

Default Celebrity Mercury 10/13

My wife and I are booked on Celebrity's Mercury sailing out of San Francisco on the 13th of October. This is the Mexican Riviera 11 day cruise. What are some of the not to be missed things to do and see while on board and on land? Also, I have read some negative reviews about Celebrity, especially regarding the food.....should I be concerned? We have been on 3 other cruises, all with Royal Carbbean and were happy with them. Anyone else on this sailing?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old August 31st, 2004, 04:27 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Celebrity Mercury 10/13

We were on the Mercury to Alaska a few weeks ago. We've been on Celebrity for 2 cruises and have 2 more booked. The ship is beautiful and it's easy to find your way around. The food in the dining room is very good, the buffet needs some improvement. Try the martinis---they have all different kinds. I tried them all!! Deck 12 is perfect for lounging in the sun or curling up with a good book. It has very comfortable padded lounge chairs. The Navigator Lounge is wonderful during the day if you want to sit and relax and watch the scenery. You'll have a great time!
Old August 31st, 2004, 04:30 PM
Beginner

One more thing.........try the cold soups in the dining room. They are delicious!
Old August 31st, 2004, 05:17 PM
Fijian

Default Re: Re: Celebrity Mercury 10/13

Thanks for the tips ajpack.
Old September 1st, 2004, 05:14 PM
Fijian

Are we the only ones on this ship?
Old September 19th, 2004, 05:12 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Celebrity Mercury 10/13

I am on your ship one sailing earlier! We have a ten day cruise leaving Oct 3.

Anyway, I just found cruisecritic.com. I found my ship and have been chatting with about 30 other people who I will be cruising with. I also found two families with kids the same age as my kids.

Everyone on that site signed up on the celebrity web site as a group so I signed up, too. If at least 25 people sign up (I think we have almost 50) celebrity will host a cocktail party for us. We will receive an invite in our stateroom when we check in.

I wish you the same success. I am really enjoying getting to know a few people ahead of time.

Julie

Old September 20th, 2004, 01:22 PM
Marcia Brady

Did the 10 day Mexican Riviera from San Diego last year on Mercury. Its a beautiful ship and the food is about average for cruising these days.
Old September 22nd, 2004, 03:31 AM
Fijian

Thank you Julie and Marcia. I just signed up for the Cruise Critic Connections party.

ajpack, I've read about a special they have on board for martinis, where you can try them all for one price....did you do the special, if so, how much was it?