Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 2nd, 2004, 03:19 PM
Mia

Default summit 10/25

After reading more on this site I am wondering if we did the right thing by booking a cruise instead of our normal resort vacations. I was so looking forward to a new experience, but some of the posts that I have read lately are really making me wonder.
We are booked in veranda suite # 8062 penthouse deck, has anyone stayed in that suite or one like it? Our travel agent says that in addition to the 2 queen beds there will also be a berth and a pullout sofa, if these rooms are so small how can they fit all that in? Have we made a bad room choice, and if so can it be changed? Is the Summit a good ship, I mean if it is currently having mechanical problems in Alaska what happens if it breaks down at sea or is not ready to sail on the 25th. I guess I am looking for some kind of reassurance that yes I should be excited about our first cruise experience. Any advice that you can send my way would be greatly appreciated. Also someone told me that you need to bring a power strip along for your room is this correct?
Sponsored Links
Old September 2nd, 2004, 06:46 PM
Captain

Default Re: summit 10/25

The Summit is supposed to be a fantastic ship. We sailed on the
Millennium a few years ago and it was great! But do hope the
problem is fixed w/no delay of our 10/25 cruise.

We did not need a power strip on the Millennium.
Old September 2nd, 2004, 07:08 PM
luke s

You only need a power strip if you are planning on bringing a lot of electrical gear. they have a few outlets even in the bathroom.
Hope this helps
Old September 2nd, 2004, 09:01 PM
Cruise Maniac

"Our travel agent says that in addition to the 2 queen beds there will also be a berth and a pullout sofa, if these rooms are so small how can they fit all that in? "

Hi... I thought I'd clear a little up for you. Cabin #8062 is on the Panarama deck, not on the Penthouse deck. It's a category 1A cabin with veranda, not a suite. The wording is only important if you believe that you will receive the "suite perks" like butler service. There will be two TWIN beds, not two queen beds... the twin can be put together to make one queen. There is a pullout sofa in your cabin, but no upper berths. Do you have a Celebrity brochure? On page 78 of the '04 Caribbean brochure you can find the location of your cabin, too.

Hope this helps.
Old September 7th, 2004, 10:52 PM
Evelyn Richardson

Page 76 of 2004 Caribbean brochure does show 8062 as a 1A room, but page 104 of the 2005 Hawaii brochure shows it as Concierge class with a very different layout and of course with more "perks". so it is hard to say which it will be on Oct 25.

Stateroom is 191 sq ft plus verandah 41 sq ft. I am sure you will find it very comfortable and suitable in size (my own cabin 9025 inside on Sky deck is 170 sq ft. )

Personally I use my room only for sleeping and changing clothes, there are so many Public rooms I spend my time in them , of course I do not have a verandah, you may wish just to sit out there rather than on deck, I love to people watch

All rooms have hair dryers, TVs etc. Any of the M class ships are very attractive and comfortable.

Don't worry I am sure we will have a great time, and that the ship will be fixed in time. Infinity had the same problem just before my last cruise, but all was fixed in time and no one knew there had ever been a problem.

Having just weathered "Charley" and "Frances" I am really looking forward to the cruise, longing to sit in the Cova , nibbling my croissant, eating lunch at the Aqua Spa cafe just watching the scenery .and after 5p.m. sipping my drink in the Champagne bar before going into dinner - ah heaven.
Old September 16th, 2004, 06:51 PM
Captain

Default Re: Re: summit 10/25

I'm with you, Evelyn. Can't wait for 10/25...being a Floridian myself,
the stress of 3 hurricanes is just too much. Even tho, we had no
damage from any of them, just the thought of a cat. 4 or 5 over our
roofs is stressful.....will make our Summit 10/25 even more special.

Cova is one of my favorite spots, also...love pool area, thassolophy,
champagne bar, and all the art! Are taking a couple of novices,
with my husband and myself, and I'm expecting them to be awed!

Did you sign up for cruise critics party? If not do so...it will be our
first, too.

We sailed Millinnium a few years ago, and it was one of my favorite ships.