Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 27th, 2004, 03:09 PM
Mike Jones

Default Re: Century hints or tips

We sailed on Century in June and are absolutely sold on it. We liked the martini bar and Michael's Club for late night. The food quality on this ship is not to be believed. I can't fathom how they can consistently provide the quality (cooked to taste) for as many people in as short a time as they do.

You may already know this, but it will be several hours before your bags are delivered to your cabin. We didn't realize it - if we had known we would have taken bathing suits in a carry on, could have spent a very enjoyable afternoon by the pool. One poolside tip, my eyes aren't what they used to be and my arms have apparently gotten shorter, trying to sit by the pool and read with reading glasses killed my eyes - next time I'll take a book on tape or CD for poolside.

MJ
Old September 28th, 2004, 08:24 AM
First Mate

limboman
I received notification that there will be a party after all so I hope to see you there.
It will be extra fun for me since I will in effect be 'crashing'. I haven't done anything like that since university!

Mike Jones,
Thanks for the tips.

Century here I come!

Post Edited (09-28-04 07:25)
Old September 28th, 2004, 08:53 AM
limboman

We're all of a sudden up to 30 people for the party - lots of last-minute interest, I guess. Looking forward to meeting you - see you there!
Old September 28th, 2004, 09:35 PM
Grace

We are also sailing with the Century in October as well, and this will be our 2nd trip with Celebrity. The last cruise which was 2 years ago was excellent. The dining room is incredible along with the ship itself. There is so much to do on the ship I do not have just one thing I like. We cruise often usually with Royal Caribbean, whose ships are very large and you seem to get lost. I like the Century's size and the atmosphere is beautiful. I am sure you will enjoy it, just hope we get some good weather. All we can do is pray that all hurricanes stay away for awhile.

Hope you enjoy your trip, maybe we will bump into one another. Just a note, there is only 2 islands I would get off on this cruise, St. Thomas and St.Martaan. If you go to St.Martaan you must go to Orient Beach, it is the most beautiful beach with alot of fringe benefits. St. Thomas is great for shopping.

Good Luck.
Old September 29th, 2004, 01:29 PM
limboman

Hi, Grace. We've got a roll call for this cruise on the cruise critic boards: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=38072 . Come join us if you have time. Thanks for the tips - St. Thomas and St. Martin are definitely the islands that sold us on the cruise; we may do like you say and not even get off the ship for the other two stops. We've been to Orient Beach before and I completely agree with your assessment - what a beautiful place!

Almost time to set sail - we can't wait!
Old October 13th, 2004, 12:48 PM
First Mate

It was nice to meet some of you on the ship. Hope you all had as good a time as we did.
I have posted a review on this site, but it may take a couple of days to get through the system and show up on the review page. If any of you feel like posting a review I'd love to read it and see what you thought of this cruise.

Congratulationsd to the four couples married during the course of this cruise!

PS: We shopped in St. Thomas and in St. Marteen. I think we found slightly better deals in St. Marteen but maybe my haggling skills were just working better on that day! If anyone is interested in more 'shopping details' l just let me know.

Post Edited (10-13-04 11:54)