Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 19th, 2004, 04:33 PM
NanaKay

Default indoor pool

I just read that Celebrity doesn't have an indoor pool that kids can use! If that is true, I'm in BIG trouble. We are going to need an indoor pool on our Alaska cruise for the boys.
Please, someone, tell me some good news.
Sponsored Links
Old September 19th, 2004, 05:04 PM
SurfsUp

Default Re: indoor pool

It is true that children are not allowed to use the indoor pool but the outdoor pool is heated and the kids love it. Just got off the Infinity and there were several children who spent many hours in the outdoor pool and hot tub. They will have a blast dont worry.
Old September 19th, 2004, 05:14 PM
hcat

The pool indoors is not really a pool per se--On Mercury & Galaxy it is a very hot whilrpoool type aquapsa & on M class ships it is also warm with therapeutic rollers & very strong showers comig down.That;s why it's called an aquaspa. Definitely not a kids area! Hope your children will find other activities to keep them busy--the trip alone will be a thrill.
Old September 19th, 2004, 06:34 PM
Captain

We were on the Mercury in Alaska a couple of years ago and there is a covered pool aft. This was not the aquaspa. This pool was heated salt water. There are two pools in the center of the ship uncovered. One was heated and the other wasn't. Kids used both the center pools and the aft pool with out any complaints from passengers that we heard. The crew made no effort to stop the kids swimming either. I'm not sure if the kids weren't allowed or not. There was no signage at all about age limits that I noticed. The kids were all very well behaved. And the weather for the most of the trip was warm enough to use the outside pools. I say pools because some kids even swam in the unheated pool. Brrrrr!

You don't mention the ages of your kids but the kids program was terrific as well and all had a great time with many of the programs.

Don't worry. A great time will be had by all.
Old September 19th, 2004, 07:52 PM
NanaKay

Default Re: Re: indoor pool

Thank you so much. I feel better.
Old September 20th, 2004, 08:55 AM
Passenger

NanaKay:

I posted this same question on another message board yesterday (we are on the same wave length). So at least there's 1 heated pool for the kids. We are booked on the Infinity for 7/17/05. Any chance you are on this one with us?