Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 14th, 2004, 02:07 PM
GailM

Default Anyone on Summit Repo Cruise -May 6, 2005

Hello, fellow cruisers! Anyone out there booked on Summit from San Diego to Alaska on May 6, 2005? This will be my first Celebrity cruise and only my third cruise overall. My husband and I are taking my parents to celebrate their 50th anniversary. My husband and dad have never been on a cruise. I am a little concerned about the problems Summit has been having with their propulsion system. Hopefully, by the time we cruise all those problems will have been worked out!

Looking forward to hearing from you.

GailM
Sponsored Links
Old October 14th, 2004, 05:40 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Anyone on Summit Repo Cruise -May 6, 2005

Not on your cruise, but just got back from doing the reverse trip on Summit (the one that was delayed 3 days). You can read my "exploits" port by port by going over to the Chat
area and looking for my postings that started about Oct 4.
Go, do it, it was a wonderful adventure. Must do things included , dinner at Normandy, Whale watching in Victoria, getting up to the Summit by railroad (or bus), in Skagway.
One other good excursion was the Juneau by Land and Sea (with Salmon Bake). Whales , Sea lions, eagles and Mendenhall Glacier followed by a great outdoor salmon bake.
Enjoy you cruise. We certainly did.
Old October 17th, 2004, 08:21 AM
BMK

Default Re: Anyone on Summit Repo Cruise -May 6, 2005

Papa Bill, we are going to Alaska in August 2005 and the Juneau excursion you mention sounds great to me. Was that one you booked through Celebrity or on your own? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a bunch.