Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 24th, 2004, 10:33 PM
srmx14

Default Horizion???

Ahoy!

I just booked a 10 night Western Caribean on Horizon...I booked a 'concierge class' on the Atlantic deck...anyone have any feedback on this ship on points of interest? This is my first Celebrity cruise.

I know this ship is 14 years old...I am a tad anxious about the condition of the ship...

Anyfeedback on this ship would be very helpful!

SRMX
Sponsored Links
Old October 25th, 2004, 07:07 AM
Beginner

Default Re: Horizion???

I'm on a 10 day the beginning of December. The recent comments from passengers indicate the Horizon is well maintained and the food and service is excellent. The only negative was a comment regarding some carpeting and a small area by the pool.
Old November 4th, 2004, 06:32 PM
BRUCE FINES

HELLO, I'VE BOOKED A CRUISE FOR THE FEB 11TH 05, AND A BIT THE SAME. I'VE HEARD AND READ PROS AND CONS WITH THIS SHIP. IF YOU HEAR ANYTHING WORTH PASSING ON I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIALTE IT, AS I WILL DO THE SAME
Old November 6th, 2004, 03:37 PM
bordenhildenbrand

Default Re: Re: Horizion???

I'm looking into a Mar. 4 10 day Western in an oceanview cabin in 5000 area. Anyone been there.
Old November 7th, 2004, 05:03 PM
RobertaR

We were on the Horizon last year. We had a suite. Even though it is an older ship, I found it to be in excellent condition. She has been well maintained! We too were a little concerned, but put your concerns away. Have a wonderful cruise!
Old November 8th, 2004, 06:48 PM
Cruise Maniac

We were on the Horizon last year and loved it. It's a beautiful ship and because of the size it's easy to get to know your fellow passengers. Our favorite spot was the Cova Cafe - right in the middle of the ship with great sea views and a wonderful bartender. The staff and service on Horizon were outstanding.
Old November 16th, 2004, 02:09 PM
Cruise Maniac

My husband and I sailed on the Horizon also on the Atlantic deck a year ago yesterday. Ah... the memories..... Anyway, we loved it. We were on the 10day Ultimate Western. Our room was plenty big for 10 days. Of course you can always use more room, but we had plenty of closet space for all those clothes I thought I had to have. Bathroom was big also. Shower seemed to be bigger than those previously on RC-Enghantment and Sovereign. We were in a regular ocean view room but found it OK. Food was very good. Waiter brought shrimp cocktail every nite after we told him we all wanted them. Also each one at our table (6) got 2 lobster tails on the last formal nite. Very easy to navigate. Ship is not too big or small. Just right. We are booked on the Navigator in February and this will be our biggest ship so far. Have a great time.
Old November 23rd, 2004, 08:16 PM
CruzCrazy

The only problem I had with the Horizon was that I booked an inside cabin under the kitchen galley...BIG MISTAKE!

The cabins are very noisy in the middle of the night with things rolling like carts and noisy machines going off in the wee hours of the morning. Also, you will hear the ship's engines if you are in the aft of the ship.

I'm so glad that all the newer ships do not put any cabins under the kitchen galleys anymore.

The best part was the dining room food.....it was fabulous.
Old December 8th, 2004, 12:44 AM
BRUCE FINES

I'VE BOOKED ONE AS WELL AND A BIT THE SAME. I'VE HEARD SO MANY DIFFERENT THINGS. I WANTED A SMALLER, AND A BIT OLDER SHIP, LESS THAN THE SHOPPING MALL TYPE SHIPS OF TODAY. I BOOKED THE SAME CLASS AND, WELL I WAS HOPING MAYBE YOU HAD HEARD SOMETHING, IF I DO I WILL SEND YOU THE CONTENTS. THANK YOU
Old December 14th, 2004, 07:11 AM
Beginner

I was on the Horizon back in May and even though the ship is older, I found it to be well maintained and the staff was the best. We hope to go back once her facelift is complete.
Old January 7th, 2005, 05:16 PM
Karen55

We were just on the Horizon November 29 for 12 days, we booked Concierge Class on the Atlantic Deck also. Traveling Concierge Class gets you a few *perks*, such as canapes daily (which included a lot of caviar which we don't eat), fresh fruit in your cabin daily, and fresh towels, CONSTANTLY. The best thing about Concierge Class was boarding and disembarking - it took practially no time at all, which scored major points in my book.

The food was wonderful, the service outstanding. The personnel are genuinely friendly and will remember your likes and dislikes immediately.

Being an older ship, my only complaint was that our stateroom wasn't as cool as I'd like, but the rest of the ship was plenty cool.

A detailed review of the November 29 cruise was written in December, don't remember who posted it.