Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 11th, 2005, 09:15 PM
Patty M

Default Re: Re: Re: Ship's "SECRET" Cabins

It was great to hear about these secrets. We've just booked the Millenium for the Nov 05 Transatlantic and booked cabin 6033. By really scrutinizing the pictures, it looked to me like the balconies were larger in that area. Thank you for confirming that!

We took the Sept 04 Transatlanatic and made a last minute change to cabin 6135; it became available and I grabbed it. It was great. Although now it is a Concierage Class, and rightly so, due to the extra balcony space. Not only do you get a bigger balcony, you have a clear view beneath you. Most of the other, center balconies have a view of the lifeboats!
Old January 12th, 2005, 08:50 AM
Beginner

Default Re: Re: Re: Ship's "SECRET" Cabins

I have booked 9038 for an upcoming cruise, but have read so much about the overhang on deck 9 and how it ruined so many peoples trips- so I am worried. I still have the chance for a room on deck 8 - do you think I should take it? I was concerned that movement of chairs in aquaspa would be in issue in room 9038.

I like to sit by the pool to get my sun, but enjoy watching the stars from my veranda so it sounds like 9038 might not be the best room for me.....so if anyone has any compelling thoughts about their experiences about his overhang issue, or if they really enjoyed deck 8 please let me know.....now I am stressing!.
Old January 12th, 2005, 05:23 PM
CAnderson

Default Re: Ship's "SECRET" Cabins

If anyone is curious to see what the M-Class FV cabins look like, I've posted a reasonably full set of pictures at this link:

http://community.webshots.com/user/ecandersonii
Old January 12th, 2005, 07:07 PM
CruzCrazy

Another noisy cabin is on Celebrity's M Class, Millenium, Constellation, Summit and Infinity is Inside Cabin 8101.

There is a noise of water rushing through the right side wall of the cabin. There are pipes in those walls even though there is another cabin next to it. I would think they also hear it as well on the left side of that cabin.

We had this cabin on the Constellation where we really heard it at night. On the Millenium it wasn't as bad, but still there.

We asked our cabin attendant and she said it's from the pools and whirlpools.

I'm on the Infinity for a 15-day cruise and I made sure I didn't book it again.
Old January 12th, 2005, 09:32 PM
eriqua

Default Re: Re: Ship's "SECRET" Cabins

any galaxy suggestions? were going for a honeymoon and booked an inside cabin (8142). think they might be nice and upgrade being that its a special occasion? (ie that if they give us a good experience it'll be a good excuse to purchase more trips for annivs)
Old January 13th, 2005, 09:07 AM
AmyCruising

Default Re: Ship's

We are traveling on the Constellation and booked into cabins #9044 and #9049. Does anyone having anything good or bad to say about these cabins? Thanks!
Old January 13th, 2005, 03:23 PM
wannacruise

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Ship's "SECRET" Cabins

I'm not sure how much or if deck 8 is any better since it is directly under the deck 9 cabin. Since sun is not important on the veranda, that is good. There is no direct sunlight. we used is as a break from the sun actually. As for star gazing, you can look out over the ocean to the sky, looking straight up wasn't necessary to us, but yes - you can not look directly up. The size was great since we could get two padded chairs and a regular table plus a small side table. We could have even put a lounger there (one of the cabins below us did that). Your room steward should be able to get it for you.

There was absolutely NO NOISE!!!. It is located right at the part of the ship where the spa begins and the Aquaspa ends. There were no chairs scraping and no foot traffic. Absolutely silent. Plus there were stairs right down the hall the led directly up to that area so it was quick coming and going to the resort deck.

I loved the cabin along with the ammendities of concierge class. So much so, I just book the same cabin on the Constellation.
Old January 13th, 2005, 09:15 PM
maxine

Thanks for the info Kuki!
We were on Constellation last March and had a tiny balcony, compared to the one we had on Millenium the previous year. I will go through my cruise file and get the cabin #s for you.
Old January 13th, 2005, 09:38 PM
Pascale

We are traveling on the Constellation in november 2005 and booked into cabin #7134. Does anyone having anything good or bad to say about this cabin? Thanks!
Old January 14th, 2005, 01:02 PM
hcat

This such a great thread. Thanks Kuki. May I suggest that it be given it's own permanent board--like the ones for entertainment, food etc. That way anyone can inquire about a speciifc cabin on a specific line & get some feedback..
Old January 14th, 2005, 05:10 PM
arkybarky

Does the Mercury have a "secret" cabin?
Old January 15th, 2005, 06:07 PM
hcat

Not a secret but 1062 or 1065 (not quite sure) is great..a short walk up the pool. Have enjoyed that location--When we return in Sept 06 it'll be cc but are looking forward to the extra service.
Old January 17th, 2005, 05:33 PM
stan

Does anyone have information on cabil 8111 on the Constellation? It is two units away from a suite.
Old January 24th, 2005, 01:43 PM
Luckyroot

Our first cruise was on the Zenith to Bermuda in August 2004. Stayed in cabin 6001 (don't remember the category but it was booked as an oceanview cabin). We were the very first cabin at the front of the ship on the Caribbean deck, with only a porthole. The bed is surrounded on 3 sides, so if there are 2 people in the cabin, one has to climb over the other to get out of bed.

However, we found the location to be very quiet (other than the waves crashing on the bow, but I loved that......hubby did NOT!) It is a small cabin, but very cozy, and we enjoyed it very much.

Now, anyone have any suggestions/pictures/tips about Century Suitecabin #1141 on Century?
Old January 29th, 2005, 01:18 AM
FyrBoss

Millennium 9094...great for the CC service, but just fore of the the starboard "hump" suites meant we lost a bit of balcony as it angled back to meet the "hump"....not a MAJOR deal as I'm a large man....and still found the veranda to be very comfortable. We did experience a MINOR amount of noise being just below the burger bar area of the pool deck, but only heard this from the veranda itself and not from inside the room. If having a veranda a couple square feet less than your neighbor is an issue...this won't be your cabin.
Old February 3rd, 2005, 12:12 PM
Beginner

Any info on cabin 6111 on Millennium? Looks like a larger balcony, but I'm worried I'll only have a view of the lifeboats
Old February 3rd, 2005, 09:48 PM
neevakee

I would like to say that although i have not been on the ship yet, based on previous postings rooms 8004 and 8007 on the mercury have about 90 extra square feet. They are on the front of the ship so you get a forward facing window. I am looking to see if this is true and if it is I will post back when we get back. Also if it is i will be mad at my parents for taking that room and not booking us in the other, instead we get the one right next to them. Also the galaxy should be the same way, due to its simlar lay out on that level.
Old February 5th, 2005, 06:41 PM
maxine

Question for Speakertosuits:

I have looked at deck plans for Millenium on Celebrity's website and several others. It doesn't look like the balconies are larger for rooms 6021 through 6035. Where can I see a more detailed drawing? I am interested because we have one of those cabins in March.
Old February 12th, 2005, 11:53 AM
Beginner

My wife and I are sailing on Feb 28 (Cirques inagural cruise) we will be in cabin #9000. Any feedback on this cabin will be greatly appreciated.
Old February 21st, 2005, 12:49 PM
Passenger

Avoid Century aft cabins because of horrible vibration problems....No it is not a joke, it is really bad!
Also....unless you need a room that connects to family AVOID BOOKING a connecting room...at least Century "Concierge Class" #1121 Deck 10. The layout of this room next to the connecting room is awful because our tvs were "back to back next to the thin wall which connected us. We played "battle the tv volume" and I could hear their full conversations! No privacy at all! I swear their bed was 5 feet away from me. I heard their wake up call come in and I'm not kidding. You don't want to know what else I heard. BAD ROOM. JUST SAY NO!
Old February 21st, 2005, 08:44 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Ship's

I totally disagree with the previous poster about the aft cabins on the Century. The family cabins are some of the first cabins to be sold on all three C class ships and worth every penny. The rooms can sleep five, have a great window seat looking out the rear of the ship, have loads of closet and drawer space and have a divider between the sleeping area and the rest of the room. The vibration lasts is loud but lasts about five minutes when the thursters are turned on leaving or entering a port. These are excellent cabins and I would not hesitate to book them again. I think if you read this posters comments about the Century that he apparently liked nothing about the ship. From my experience on these boards I take it with a grain of salt when i see that many complaints.

Don
Old February 22nd, 2005, 09:10 PM
Passenger

First of all I am a she not a he. The cabin I am writing about is not a family cabin and does not sleep 5 people, does not have a divider or have a great window seat looking out the rear of the ship. I thought the purpose of Kuki's request was to find specific cabins to perhaps avoid. I provided an exact # and reason: thin connecting wall which we didn't need and had no privacy. I thought that might help someone. This information would have helped me from making the same mistake.
Also, I read the review of Century on this website and it also states the ship has a problem with vibration and to avoid aft cabins..........I didn't take that advice and I regretted it every time we went in and out of a port. Maybe in the very rear of the ship where you stayed the vibration is not as substantial, but I can tell you in #1121 it was awful. Just one of the mornings we had hoped to sleep in past daybreak, but we were rattled awake, the stateroom shook so hard the safe behind the mirror was clanking its own tune. We didn't need a wake-up call or an alarm clock.
Don, were you on this cruise with us? When was the last time you sailed Century? Are you a paid Celebrity employee? I don't get it. I thought this board was a place to share information. I am giving my impressions of what happened in my stateroom to me on this cruise. I have sailed Celebrity before and I will sail Celebrity again, just probably not Century unless she gets drydocked. Why is my voice not a valid one?
Old February 23rd, 2005, 11:27 AM
Longboysfan

We met a couple that had cabin 9096 on the Millie.
Located right below the grill on deck 10.
Busy all day and night.
Lots of chair scraping and heavy dropping.
Old February 23rd, 2005, 11:44 AM
Jeneen Lloyd

You will not be disappointed in this cabin. 8170. We went on Celebrity Constellation 1/22/05 and my sister and brother in law had this cabin. As all the cabins on the aft section, it is well worth it.
Old February 23rd, 2005, 02:05 PM
epmcw

We are booked on the Zenith in cabin #1027, any good?
Old February 23rd, 2005, 04:54 PM
Beginner

Any info re: cabin 6111 on Millie? The balcony looks bigger from the deck plan, but worried about lifeboat view . . .
Old February 27th, 2005, 12:56 PM
Passenger

Default Millenium #8172

We sailed the Millenium last year and had cabin #8172. The balcony is HUGE!! 4 Longe chairs! It was very quiet back there and watching the wake was so relaxing plus the view over a cocktail while leaving each port - unbeatable!
Old March 12th, 2005, 08:53 PM
cfrels

will be in sky suite 6127--on infinity---4/6/05---any info will be appreciated...
Old March 21st, 2005, 10:14 PM
mkgoldhorn

Default Horizon Suite 1005 vs. a Concierge Ocean View Room

Hi!. Someone please respond. This isa very special trip. I have booked the last suite available -- Atlantic deck suite 1005 -- now after reading message boards think I should maybe be on a lower deck mid ship? Any help very appreciated.
Old March 22nd, 2005, 09:22 PM
mkgoldhorn

Default Re: Re: Ship's

Thank you for responding. You have made this sound so nice. I was wondering what we would do with a butler -- they way my husband and I are we will be telling him to please sit down and serving him a cocktail and treat. Anyway, my concern with seasickness is because we are in prime hurricane season??? Anyway, I feel much better about our room. Maybe I will just stop searching for another room -- relax -- and enjoy. What is it we do with the butler? thanks again.