Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 22nd, 2005, 09:48 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default Re: Ship's

What is it we do with the butler?

Here's a link to an article I did about butlers. I got to see both sides of the story <G>
http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/humop/butler.cfm

- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old March 23rd, 2005, 11:45 AM
Maxine

Kuki,

Just back from Celebrity Millennium 3/6 cruise. Cabin #6031 (which is Oceanview with Balcony) has a larger balcony than standard - it is twice the size. This is toward the front of the ship, but we had no problems. The cabins on each side of us had the larger balcony also; back half of balcony is covered by balcony above, front part is not covered. Someone on CruiseMates told me about this and I am so appreciative!
Old March 23rd, 2005, 11:59 AM
Maxine

Default Re: Re: Ship's "SECRET" Cabins

Speakertosuits,

Thanks so much for the info on Millennium cabins. We were in #6031 on March 6th and it was wonderful to have the larger balcony!

Cruisemates forever, and thanks again!
Old March 26th, 2005, 07:56 AM
George in NY

Default Re: Horizon Suite 1005 vs. a Concierge Ocean View Room

I have sailed the Horizon's sister ship Zenith many, many, times and Horizon twice long ago. We are saling her again on the repo next month and we are on the Atlantic deck. This deck is by far the most convenient deck to be on for getting to places. Through the years we have found that the stairs on both Zenith and Horizon really tire you out, I believe it is the spacing or something. My wife makes me use stairs all the time and I have no problem on any other ships. She is a health and exercise type person and even she says thoses stairs tire her out. Elevators are slow, so we found that the Atlantic Deck is a perfect location for heading up to pool or eat.

I get seasick or motion sick easy yet have cruised since 1984 getting ill only twice in over 45 cruises and that was in extreme weather conditions. It really would not have mattered where on ship we were. The other times I find generally ships are smooth sailing, go around storms anyway ( depending where sailing to ) and that starting out taking BONINE ( located next to dramamine at local pharmacys ) works well for me. Usually I don't even bother taking it after 2nd day.

Have a great cruise.

George in NY
Old March 28th, 2005, 11:17 AM
Beginner

Kuki,

We are sailing on the "Millennium" May 15th from Barcelona to Venice with 2 other friends. Does any one have info on cabins #CC9044 and #DO6092 ? This will be a special cruise for us as we will be celebrating a 75th birthday as we arrive in Venice.

This will be our 1st cruise on the Millennium so would appreciate any comments good or bad.

Thanks,
Don
Old March 29th, 2005, 10:22 AM
Hilary

Default Simmit - Panama Canal

We have just booked cabin 9125 on Summit. Has anyone any info?
Old April 5th, 2005, 08:20 PM
Passenger

We have booked cabins 8004 & 8008 on the Summit. Has anyone have informations on these cabins???????????
Old April 8th, 2005, 02:21 PM
Cruise Maniac

We're booked on the Summit in cabin 8126...Any information greatly appreciated!!
BTW: We still have time to change cabins.
Old April 17th, 2005, 07:01 PM
Passenger

Just returned from Millinneum ... cabin 9115. Great location with one exception -- it's directly under the speakers for the pool band. It was so loud we could not carry on a conversation in our cabin, let alone take an afternoon nap. The walls actually vibrated. We enjoyed the music of Fusion when we were poolside, but would have preferred to have the option of listening or not. We spoke to several around us who all reported the same. Good luck!!
Old April 21st, 2005, 06:44 AM
Passenger

Millenium CABIN #8176

and all the AFT cabins - Decks are huge and it is very quiet back there. Watching the wake & sunset with a cocktail in hand as you pull out of St. Thomas - nothing better!

Beware that much of the deck is in the shade most of the time - not a bad thing in my mind though!
Old July 7th, 2005, 07:26 AM
smilin47

We were on the Millenium in February 05, in cabin 6027 & it had the double sized balcony. It was great! Four of us squeezed ourselves into that cabin & there was plenty of room for the 4 of us on the balcony. Our cabin was about 6 rooms from the bank of elevators at the front of the ship which is located just inside the spa area but it seemed a long walk through the hallways if you decended to the lobby level. We are sailing to Hawaii in Jan/06 on the Summit and could secure this same room on that ship so we've booked 7027. Does anyone have any comments on that cabin/balcony?
Thanks.
Old July 18th, 2005, 02:34 PM
Pauli-m

Default Re: Constellation Cabin 6144

Has anybody stayed on the Constellation in cabin 6144? We are going on a 12 Night from NJ to the Caribbean. This is a CC room and in the past we have sailed on the Galaxy SS 1237. Just wondering if I will be happy in this cabin.
Old July 20th, 2005, 12:06 AM
djammons

We had the cabin in the middle of the hump on deck #9 on Brilliance for a transatlantic crossing and it was incredible!!

Our travel agent suggested it and I am so glad he did. If we ever cruise on that class of RCI ship again we will definitely request the same cabin.

Not only was the view cool because we could actually look back on the rest of the ship fore and aft from our balcony, but it was also very conveniently located to the elevators on the opposite side of the ship.
Old July 24th, 2005, 01:54 PM
Familiar Face

Booked into Mercury #1224 on sky deck. Are there any known issues with this location?
Old July 25th, 2005, 11:02 AM
Karynanne

Default Re: Re: Ship's

We've stayed on Sky Deck before, and the "only" thing noticed was...a little more movement. The higher you are, the more "sway" you experience. It was nothing that bothered us, and we were cruising back from Hawaii. Enjoy your cruise...

Karyn
Old July 25th, 2005, 01:35 PM
Cruise Maniac

We were on the Mercury just a few months ago on Sky Deck cabin 1222.

There was no real location issues. We did feel the ships movements a little more because of being at a higher deck level. But since I donít get sea sick...I think I noticed it more, but it didnít bother me.

We didnít hear any noise...there is some sort of walking track above...heard one or two children running twice in a 10 day cruise...so no real problems there. Actually we liked the location...we could walk right down stairs for breakfast! If we wanted to go on deck to sit and read...we just walk out the cabin turn right...a few steps later ...there we were. Nice.

We had more issues with the cabin being worn. We had a broken chair, broken sliding glass door handle, mold in the shower...toilet and shower wouldnít drain....curtains torn and dirty...

But....cabin and Butler service was excellent!

The cabin veranda area is large and very comfortable! One note here: You can see down into the veranda area somewhat from the walking deck above. Not a lot of people go up there...but itís worth a mention.

If you are used to suites on other ships...you will be in for a slight shock. Sky suites are on the SMALL size. Just FYI.

The Mercury is very very clean and well maintained (except for the above mentioned cabin issues...which BTW were taken care of !)

Hope this helps.

Old July 27th, 2005, 11:20 AM
KMT

Anyone with any info on Summit #9043???
Old July 27th, 2005, 10:44 PM
sealegs

Hi,

Replied that one on another thread.

Cheers
CG
Old August 4th, 2005, 05:03 PM
Passenger

Thank you. She is everywhere on these boards and her agenda is clear.
Old August 4th, 2005, 05:31 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Ship's "SECRET" Cabins

I wish you the best, but don't bet on it! In my experience only 1 in 20 couples who request acknowledgement of a honeymoon/anniversary ever actually receive any recognition. I hope you're one of the lucky ones, unfortunately you'll probably get a nice birthday cake instead of a free upgrade!
Old August 6th, 2005, 11:51 PM
Passenger

I booked cabin 8123 on the 17Oct sailing of the Constellation. I chose this cabin for its almost perfectly centered location on the ship for a smoother ride in case of weather.
Anyone have any opinion on it? I can't tell from the deckplan--anyone know whether the door is on the port or starboard corridor?

Old August 15th, 2005, 12:39 PM
Familiar Face

Send a message via Yahoo to kcannava

9337 on Voyager. There is a MAJOR problem with this handicapped cabin. Methane gas...sewer gases come up through the floor vents in the bathroom. We were in this cabin May 7th and RCCL credited us back 50% for the problem.
I have asked several times if this is a design flaw because you don't step up into the bathroom therefore there is not a gas trap to stop the sewer gases coming back up into your cabin. No responce from RCCL. I have cancelled my October cruise on Grandure of the Seas because of this. We are going to try Constallation instead.

Post Edited (08-15-05 12:42)
Old August 16th, 2005, 10:15 PM
Beginner

Default Any info on Infinity cabins?

Stayin in 7125 on the Agust 21 cruise to Alaska

Thank you!!
Old September 4th, 2005, 09:33 AM
Amber14

Default Re: Re: Constellation Cabin 6144

We've got cabin 6144 but can still change it.
Just wondered if you had been on your cruise yet and if so, how was this cabin?
Was the balcony private or were people above looking down on you? I also heard stuff thrown from the top ended up on this balcony.
Any help would be appreciated.
Amber
Old September 4th, 2005, 02:47 PM
sealegs

Hi, Amber,

# 6144 has a fully covered proper balcony.;; actually '' deeper '' than other suites on that deck.
Lucky you....

Happy saiings
Cheers
CG
Old September 4th, 2005, 03:13 PM
cruisinpaige

Default Secret Cabin #1 and #2

CruisinTommy and I got a Carnival Category 4A that was HUGE because it was a handicapped accessible cabin. We booked a 4A guarantee and the cabin # ended in-99 but was not in numerical order and had a red door when all the others had blue or whatever color. It was MUCH wider and the shower was much bigger with a bench and stuff. If you look at the deck plans on Fantasy Class ships for carnival you can find them and you can get about 4 feet wider cabin for the same price if they are not needed by a person with disabilites of course.

On Conquest Class ships on Carnival, there are some Category 8 (normal balcony) cabins with EXTRA long balconies--like twice as long. They are toward the bow or the stern, I forgot which but again if you look on the deck plans you can see this normal sized cabin with a verrrry long balcony.

Anyone know any special cabins on the HAL ZAAndam class?
Old September 4th, 2005, 03:20 PM
cruisinpaige

oops just realized I was in the Celebrity section -duh. Is there a thread like this on other lines' sections? I was looking but could not find one.
Old September 4th, 2005, 05:00 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Ship's

Click on message boards above in the red tool bar and then go to cruise lines. There are a lot of lines.
Old February 12th, 2006, 12:42 PM
Passenger

Kuki, cabin 8004, cat 5, on Celebrity Mercury. A corner cabin on the starboard, with large window overlooking the bow of the ship.

ilcapo
Old February 15th, 2006, 02:34 PM
Passenger

Hi Kki, Are you still collecting this data on ship's cabins? If, so I will keep you posted. We will have two of the newly created aft balcony cabins on the inaugural sailing of the refurbished Century May 30 from Barcelona. These cabins are 1251 & 1246--couldn't get side by side ---and 1251 appears to have an indented balcony from the drawing. Can't tell if there will be an overhang from new deck above. Also don't know how much sway we will experience way up there as we head up the Atlantic from Lisbon to L'Havre but we are taking a chance anyway that the ship will be ready for this sailing ---so what the heck. Any insight you can glean from drawings will be appreciated. Tampa Mom