Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 14th, 2011, 02:06 AM
Familiar Face

I have a different opinion. For me, the Celebrity Solstice class does a great job for the price in a mass market cruise line. Yes, it tends to be a more quiet cruise with a nice crowd probably for a more middle age passenger. But to say forget is not right. I would agree RCL has good entertainment but then you usually pay more to travel with them. Best of luck.
Old June 14th, 2011, 02:24 AM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to richsea

Wow, this thread has been ressurected after 6 1/2 year!!!! That must be some kind of record!!!
Old June 14th, 2011, 03:22 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by richsea View Post
Wow, this thread has been ressurected after 6 1/2 year!!!! That must be some kind of record!!!

That had to take a lot of time to investigate
Old June 14th, 2011, 07:06 PM
Admiral

GoneAgain,

Quote:
Originally Posted by You View Post
I have a different opinion. For me, the Celebrity Solstice class does a great job for the price in a mass market cruise line. Yes, it tends to be a more quiet cruise with a nice crowd probably for a more middle age passenger. But to say forget is not right. I would agree RCL has good entertainment but then you usually pay more to travel with them. Best of luck.
I think it would be more accurate to say that Celebrity is the most upscale of the major cruise lines. It's definitely a "premium" product, with a few extra touches like champagne on embarkation and cold towels on the pier in warm destinations, that appeals to people who like things a bit fancier (the preponderance of passengers conforming to the published "modified formal" standard of dress on the "formal" evenings, for example). The ambiance is certainly much quieter than that for which Carnival and other mainstream lines are known, with few announcements over the PA system.

The reality, though, is that every cruise line has its own personality and style. There's no "right" or "wrong" here -- just different personalities and styles that appeal to people with different personalities and tastes. Those of us who cruise frequently, or exclusively, with a particular line do so because we find that line's personality and style to be a good match for us.

When talking to people who are considering a first cruise, I usually recommend buying a travel guide to "cruise lines and cruise ships" at a local bookstore and reading the descriptions of the various lines to decide which line seems to be the best match for their personal tastes and lifestyles. If one line does not stand out, this process will probably narrow it down to two or three choices from which a competent travel agent can help to refine the selection.

Norm.
Old June 19th, 2011, 10:17 AM
Cruise Maniac

I was to sail on Celebrity ship that went in dry dock for repairs and they give me a free cruise on the ship the following week. I did have insurance.
Also I was on Mercury in 11/10 and the cabin was near where the band would practice in the afternoon. I didn't make a big fuss,however I asked for a cabin change and they place me in another cabin and even gave me a bridge and engine room tour.
And one last thing, Celebrity gives very good military discounts on some cruises.
Staff is great and helpful.
Ed