Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 30th, 2004, 09:28 AM
dee-lynn

Default another cruise!!!

We are booked aboard the Constellation for a transatlantic cruise in April 2005 and I can hardly wait!!!! This will be our second cruise and our first with Celebrity and a balcony. From what people are telling me; we got a steal of a deal. We bought our cruise for $5,243.00 (not sure what that is American). Our stateroom is with a balcony on the 9th deck. People are telling me that there must be some hidden catches because of such a low price. Apparently, where we booked even the agents on the same cruise didn't get the same deal. Now the only problem is having to put winter in before we go. Oh well, I will have happy warm thoughts waiting throughout til then...just an excited happy cruiser here!!!
Sponsored Links
Old November 30th, 2004, 12:53 PM
Wross2

Default Re: another cruise!!!

Travel agents pay 40.00 per person per day for both Royal Caribbean and Celebrity. sailings. That would come to about 500.00 including port and tax for a transatlantic sailing.
You are paying about 4,500.00 USD. That is 2,250.00 PP.....that isnt really that great of a deal. Its an OK deal I suppose but not anything to write home about. On the celebrity website they are showing the Category CC, Thats Concierge Class for 2350.00 PP for that particular sailing. You are basically paying rack rate. I would find a better travel agent if I were you.
Old November 30th, 2004, 12:58 PM
Wross2

On Expedia I am seeing Sky Suites for 2000.00USD PP and Concierge Class for 1450.00USD PP for that particular sailing. If I were you I would definately contact the agent that booked this and negotate a much lower fare.
Old November 30th, 2004, 01:45 PM
Passenger

I see the $1,450 concierge class cabins on Travelocity (U.S. $). Perhaps the original poster is including airfare.
Old November 30th, 2004, 02:02 PM
Wross2

Default Re: Re: another cruise!!!

I didnt even think of that.....I sure hope thats the case. If air is included then that is a good deal.
Old November 30th, 2004, 09:20 PM
dee-lynn

Default Re: Re: Re: another cruise!!!

our cruise fare for $5,243.00 is on the 9th deck including a balcony and also includes airfare. This is also in Canadian $$$...does that sound any better, oh, I almost forgot the cruise leaves from San Juan and we leave from Buffalo New York for a 14 day cruise...any thoughts now?