Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 9th, 2004, 11:57 AM
Mike & Charlotte

Default WHEN'S THE MUSTER DRILL ON INFINITY???

We're trying to set the time of a Sailaway Party for our upcoming Infinity cruise from FLL to Santiago.

Could somebody who has recently been on the Infinity please tell us what time the muster drill was held? Shortly before departure? Shortly after departure? The next day, if it was a sea day?

Thanks,
Charlotte
Sponsored Links
Old December 9th, 2004, 05:09 PM
Wross2

Default Re: WHEN'S THE MUSTER DRILL ON INFINITY???

On the Inside passage cruise last August it was held about 45 minutes before departure time which was 4:15 I believe......I thought the muster drills always had to be done prior to the the ship sailing. It has been my Experience on 3 Celebrity cruises, The Marco Polo and the Voyager of the Seas that the muster drill was done about 45 minutes to an hour before sailing.
Old December 10th, 2004, 11:57 AM
Mike & Charlotte

Default Re: Re: WHEN'S THE MUSTER DRILL ON INFINITY???

The regulations say that the muster drill has to be within 24 hours of departure. My muster drills have always been before departure on 21 cruises, too, but one person in our group believes it will be after departure. Thanks for your information.

Charlotte
Old December 10th, 2004, 06:41 PM
Rob and Shirley Renicker

We've been on 4 prior cruises, including one on Infinity, and each one has been AFTER sailing.

It won't be long until we find out what they'll do this time!

3 weeks to go!
Old December 11th, 2004, 07:38 AM
CruzCrazy

All the cruises I've been on Celebrity and RCL the muster drill is about 4:15 and is always before the sail-away.

But then these cruises all left aroud 5:00 or 6:00 pm from port.
Old December 11th, 2004, 11:12 AM
First Mate

When we sailed on Constellation in September we had the same problem trying to figure out when the Muster Drill would be so we could all meet for drinks half an hour before. The solution was to just pick a time to meet. The ship was scheduled to sail @ 5:00 pm. So we decided to just all met at the aft bar around 3:30 for drinks. As it turned out, there were problems with airports, and NYC traffic and guests arriving and everyone was running late anyway and the muster drill wasn't held until almost 5:30 and the ship didn't sail until after 7:00 pm. So the simple answer is just pick a time that you figure is well before sailing and start partying. If the muster drill is held early, just go to the drill and then back to the party. If not keep partying until the drill is held.

Queen Mary 2, Canada

Enchantment, Western Carribbean

Century, Caribbean

Century, Western Mediterranean

Jewel, Eastern Caribbean
Old December 11th, 2004, 06:58 PM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

My suggestion is to pick a time on the first full day of the sailing - not the day of departure. So many things can go wrong and there is much to do like unpacking, etc. Make it a late morning get together on the first full day of the cruise if it is a sea day, or if it is a port day make it for sailaway.

Old December 11th, 2004, 09:20 PM
Rob and Shirley Renicker

I like Lisa's suggestion above.

Another option is to just plan the party 30 minutes after the muster drill, whatever time that is.

My preference would be the first full day of the cruise, and it will be one of two sea days prior to our first port of call.
Old December 13th, 2004, 05:44 PM
Mike & Charlotte

Default Re: Re: Re: WHEN'S THE MUSTER DRILL ON INFINITY???

The purpose of a Sailaway Party is to get to know one another early on. I think that the Celebrity Connections Party will be the first full day at sea, which is the day after departure, and it seems pointless to have two Howdy-Do parties in one day.

I think we'll go with Sal's recommendation, and just pick a time and have the party.

Thanks,
charlotte
Old December 14th, 2004, 01:41 AM
Wross2

Isnt the whole cruise supposed to be a big party? Why the rush? Seems like way too much attention to minute details and overplanning could result in disaster. Just go with the flow and make the party happen wherever you happen to be on the ship at any given time. Micro managing things when your on vacation seems to defeat the purpose of vacationing.
Old December 14th, 2004, 02:20 AM
Mike & Charlotte

We have enjoyed Sailaway parties on all of our cruises. Somehow, I've not gotten your name on our list, Wross2, but you're certainly under no obligation to show up. The party will just happen for those who want to come; the Party Police won't drag you out onto the open deck.

Charlotte
Old December 22nd, 2004, 03:02 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: WHEN'S THE MUSTER DRILL ON INFINITY???

We just got off the Infinity. We had our muster drill at 5:15 so people cout make early seating dinner at 6:00. Our sail away was at 9:00. We actually left 30 minutes early. Surprise, surprise!