Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 11th, 2004, 08:00 PM
Rob and Shirley Renicker

Default Unlimited Pop (Soda)

One minor gripe we have always had about every cruise we have been on is having to buy expensive pop (soda) for our meals. We normally bought a few but most of the time we settled for tea.

We were excited to see Celebrity now has an unlimited pop option. When we saw the price, we nearly fell out of our chairs. Celebrity wants $80 per person for a 14 night cruise for unlimited pop.

We think this is ridiculously expensive.

What do you think?

Has anyone used this option? Where on the ship can you use the unlimited pop option? Perhaps someone can convince us it is really a good deal.
Sponsored Links
Old December 11th, 2004, 11:18 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Unlimited Pop (Soda)

I had done the option as a teen. For adults it is more expensive than for kids. I could use it everywhere. I did find that most bar waiters would always help anyone who was paying for a drink before I could use my card. Also that in the main dinning room I ended up only geting one drink because I had to wait for the bar waiter and they only came around once during meal times. However, if u buy a drink they are always there to sell it.

It was a great options as a teen, but I don't think it is worth it. Plus it is only for fountain drinks.

cd
Old December 12th, 2004, 10:15 AM
hcat

I bring my small cans of spicy V-8 & diet coke with me & do not need any soda cards of 15% surcharges..Don't mind payting that for drinks or soda outside cabin but not when I just want soemthing while I am relaxing!
Old December 22nd, 2004, 06:28 PM
Katiel53

My husband always buys the pop cards. They are basically $5 a day. His only complaint is that he can't get a can of Coke. They only serve the card customers with glasses of coke. He hasn't ever had trouble getting his coke from any waiter or in the dining room. Normally at dinner he has 2 and usually asks the waitress/waiter to bring him 2 at a time and he has always gotten them. He also tips the dining room wait person at the end of the week for the service. The only place the cards won't work is room service or the honor bar in the cabin. He usually sits on the deck and gets his cokes while sunning and he does tip the usual waiter there too.