Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 20th, 2004, 01:13 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default My story about "being" a Butler is UP

http://www.cruisemates.com/articles/humop/butler.cfm

The link above will take you to my "butler story" which is now up on the home page. Hope you enjoy reading it as much we enjoyed living it.

Old December 20th, 2004, 05:00 PM
Passenger

Default Re: My story about "being" a Butler is UP

Kuki,
Awesome! It sounds like an experience of a life time and I know it was fun as well. Thanks so much for sharing this. "Millie" has a special place in our hearts since we have sailed her twice (2003 - transatlantic, 2004 - Med). Our next sailing is 4/1/05 - Summit. Of course Celebrity is our cruise line of choice. 7 out of 10, and still counting.

Thanks again,

Charlie/Betty
Old December 21st, 2004, 03:44 AM
abbafan

Hi Kuki
What a great artcicle. I really enjoyed reading it and having a small part in it at your cocktail party!
I see from your post on CC that you are on the Jewel of the Seas next. We did a 3 day pre inaugural mini cruise on her last May and she is a beautiful ship. Our next cruise is also on RCI, we are doing a 7 night Med cruise on the Brilliance in May. We chose it because of the itinerary, we get to visit Sicily and Corsica as well as Villefranche, Naples, Livorno and finally, Rome.
I am already looking at 2006! We would love to do the Panama canal. Most people on the boards advise us to do the full transit which I would love to do on the Summit, however the Galaxy has a nice 12nt trip out of Galveston on a partial transit and the prices for a Sky suite are quite tempting. We experienced the suite life on the Century and after reading your article it has left me yearning for more!!
Best regards
Lisa
Old December 21st, 2004, 12:24 PM
Passenger

Great story Kuki ! Really interesting how all the support staff work together.
Old December 22nd, 2004, 07:06 AM
AJ

Thanks Kuki for this great story. We will have a butler on Summit (1 April) - had one on Century a few years ago when we got upgraded on the second week of a b2b but never really knew what to "do with him" We are unlikely to be party folks but with 3 of us in the SS I think he and his team will have their work to do.
3 questions
Can they set up breakfast on the balconly for 3 or is there not enough space
(we are in 6130 - someone said that balcony was a wee bit bigger than some of the others )
Can the butler fix up evening cocktails for us on our balcony say at 1900?
The third resident is a teenager whose eating needs resembles a pack of termites - now I know many criticse the evening hors d oeuvres but in our case, they will be a one gulp snack - can we ask him to bring us more or something more substantial for our "human dustbin"

ta kuki
Old December 22nd, 2004, 08:22 AM
Longboysfan

Great Article.......

Great pictures.....

Thanks.
Old December 22nd, 2004, 11:52 AM
Admiral

Glad everyone enjoyed the article. Getting lots of nice feedback on it, which is great... since we do this sort of thing for "your" enjoyment and information!

Can they set up breakfast on the balconly for 3 or is there not enough space
(we are in 6130 - someone said that balcony was a wee bit bigger than some of the others )
Can the butler fix up evening cocktails for us on our balcony say at 1900?
The third resident is a teenager whose eating needs resembles a pack of termites - now I know many criticse the evening hors d oeuvres but in our case, they will be a one gulp snack - can we ask him to bring us more or something more substantial for our "human dustbin"

Yes to all of the above questions. Tell them what you want, and all these things will be taken care of. Enjoy!

Old December 23rd, 2004, 02:15 PM
Mr_Moto

Arent you able to use your cruise as a tax write off if you publish an arcticle like this one? Just curious.
Old December 30th, 2004, 12:22 PM
Johnsax

Hey Kuki--loved the article and pix! Told you would be spoiled forever more in those Royal Suites on the M-class ships and the butler service. Since you are now trained as a butler, why don't you come along with us on the Serenade for 14 days April 23. We were lucky enough to snag the Royal Suite which has all sorts of great things but alas, NO BUTLER!! ;-)
Old December 30th, 2004, 05:01 PM
Admiral

Hi ya John! Glad you enjoyed the piece. We had fun with it; that's for sure.

Would truly enjoy cruising with you and Tony again. Hope you had a great Christmas, and wish you both the very best for 2005!

Old December 31st, 2004, 03:52 PM
Cruise Maniac

We just completed our cruise on the Mercury...we had Sky Suite #1222 with a wonderful Butler named Keith.

We were a little nervous thinking the same as you did, "What will we do with him." It did not take us long to really appreciate and USE Keith's services.

We're spoiled now...don't know if we can ever go back to booking a Stateroom rather than a Suite. The extras really do make a difference.