Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 28th, 2004, 06:55 PM
CruzCrazy

Default 15-night Hawaii on the Infinity Dec 5th - Who went?

I would love to know how the first 15-night rountrip Infinity cruise from San Diego to Hawaii went.

This was Celebrity's first roundtrip cruise to Hawaii and it sold out so fast. They have added a few more itins and ships for next year.

So anyone out there who went.....I know Presti went, but not sure if he's on this site.

Please give us the low down on this cruise.

Millenium Jan 2, 2005
Voyager May 7, 2005
Jewel of Seas Dec 3 and Dec 11, 2005
Sponsored Links
Old December 30th, 2004, 03:24 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Y2C
Default Re: 15-night Hawaii on the Infinity Dec 5th - Who went?

If you look in the cruise photo gallery with the author "Vada" you will see some terrific photos. There were over 250 that met online and had a ball at two seperate parties.

Photo links below.
Infinity part 1, 12-05-04

Infinity part 2, 12-05-04

My wife and I knew quite a few on the sailing and all have written back on a wonderful cruise. The e-mail I got stated a little rough for the first day and half but smooth sailing from there on out.

We look forward to our Hawaii cruise March 2006.

Round trip San Francisco Mex Riv, Mercury May 4, 2005

Sea of Cortez on Ryndam 9-28-2005

Round trip Los Angeles to Hawaii, Summit March 26, 2006

Old January 1st, 2005, 08:27 AM
CruzCrazy

Great Photos....thanks Y2C and Vada.
Old January 2nd, 2005, 12:56 PM
Hulagirl101

Aloha all - That cruise was FABULOUS! Yes, it's true that the first 3 days or so at sea were pretty rough - lots of rocking & rolling due to the backside of a Pacific storm which had dumped rain & ugly weather on us the preceding week here in So. Cal. But we were prepared (Bonine!) so it really didn't faze us at all. Can't say the same for many fellow passengers & even some crew. We heard the "sick bay" was pretty busy on those days.

After that the weather was nice to us. Once in the islands, our temps were in the 70s (Kauai) to the 80s (all the rest). And the 4 days back to San Diego were fine (a little cooler & windy, but fine).

We LOVED the Infinity - classy atmosphere, great food & a TERRIFIC crew. I can't say enough about how warm & friendly the crew was - which definitely enhanced our experience. Celebrity fans seem to indicate that this is normal on Celebrity ships so I will definitely sail with them again. In fact, I'm already booked to Alaska in September!

This was my 6th cruise, but 1st with Celebrity. My others have all been Sitmar(2)/Princess(3). To compare, I would have to give the edge to Celebrity for the friendliness and warmth of their crew and staff, and we thought the food was great. Princess does offer 24-hour buffet which Celebrity does not which can be an issue with some folks. But you CAN get some kind of food 24 hours a day on Celebrity. One noticeable thing was that we were not constantly hounded to buy drinks as has always been the case on Princess. For me, that was refreshing...I didn't feel constantly pestered! I guess it's all perspective though, as I've read some complaints that the person had to hunt someone down to get drinks. Frankly, wherever I was there was always someone available to get you a drink! I simply appreciated the PEACE!

One nice touch was the on-board Hawaiian expert, Huanani, who I thought was terrific. She sings beautifully throughout the day & evening, gave lectures, and held hula and lei-making classes. Having her on-board throughout the trip enhanced the Hawaiian flavor of the cruise.

I'm so happy Celebrity has added this itinerary....I would book it again in a hot second! But I think I need to re-negotiate my vacation time at work!!! So many cruises...so little time!

All-in-all a terrific cruise. I hope any of you who've booked this one in the future will also has as enjoyable a time as we did!

Theresa
Old January 2nd, 2005, 10:27 PM
Passenger

This was the best cruise ever. We met so many wonderful people! The ship was spotless. I was walking the hallways after being blown about outside during the rough seas. Crew were constantly cleaning the carpets due to sick people. I looked for the torn carpet that people mentioned, but failed to find any. I think the ship is wonderful and the crew was awesome! Way to go CELEBRITY!!!
Old January 3rd, 2005, 03:58 PM
hcat

WOW! We are booked for the RT on Summit in March 06. Hope it is as good as the one described above! Really looking forward to it as we missed out in this one.
Old January 5th, 2005, 08:52 AM
Susan Hofer

Default Re: Re: 15-night Hawaii on the Infinity Dec 5th - Who went?

We did a 11-day Hawaii to Vancouver 2 yrs ago on the Summit and it was great. We enjoyed it so much we are booked on the RT LA to Hawaii in Jan, '06. This time we have several family members going with us. Wish it was this year!
Old January 8th, 2005, 10:56 AM
Beginner

I had a blast on this cruise ! Second one I've done to Hawaii on Celebrity. You've gotta enjoy days at sea, as I do. Wonderful trip and hope to do it again some time

I've put most of my pictures up on my website with my comments :

http://www.recordlady.com/Pages/CRUI...nityHawaii.htm

Tina
Bellevue, WA
Old January 11th, 2005, 09:16 PM
CruzCrazy

Glad you guys had a great cruise. I knew it would be a great one.

I just booked the Infinity for a 15-night Panama Canal cruise from Ft. Lauderdale to San Fran in April 2006.

I have been on the Summit, Constellation and just last week on the Millenium and I just love these ships.

I was thinking about cruising to Hawaii, but now may do a land tour instead. But who knows just may hop on a ship to Hawaii at a later date.

Glad you all had a wonderful cruise.