CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Celebrity (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/celebrity/)
-   -   Captain's Club News (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/celebrity/211613-captains-club-news.html)

jljlinda December 31st, 2004 11:46 PM

Captain's Club News

If you are a member of RCL's Crown & Anchor Society, you now automatically qualify for the same level of membership in Celebrity's Captain's Club. My wife & I are Diamond member with RCL but have never sailed Celebrity. However, a couple months ago, we booked the Summit for the Jan 16 sailing. Yesterday (12/30/04), I called the toll free number for Celebrity's Captain's Club to inquire about dual membership. Long story short: we both now hold Elite memberships in the Captain's Club and we will not have sailed Celebrity until Jan 16. Our numbers were assigned while I was on the line with "Jayanna" and today I discovered that Celebrity has added our numbers to our on-line documents that we completed about a week ago. We are fully qualified for all the perks of "the Elite" for our Summit sailing. Any other cruisers that are in the same situation that we were in should check this new program out!!

Jerry & Linda

Mr_Moto January 1st, 2005 02:46 AM

Re: Captain's Club News

I wonder if sailings are transferable from one to the other. I have 4 on Celebrity and 2 on Royal Caribbean....Do you know if you can combine them to one program?

Cruiseguy January 1st, 2005 04:11 AM

Mr. Moto, you CANNOT combine sailings of the two cruiselines to qualify for the next level. What ever level you are with either cruiseline is the level either one accepts.

SandraW January 6th, 2005 01:26 PM

Just called Celebrity...I have 3 sailings on RCCI and 1 on Celebrity. I was told there is no merging of memeberships.

SOooo... on RCCI I am a gold member. Celebrity does not recognize that level.

We need to have completed 5 RCCI sailings, then even if we have only one Celebrity sailing our 5 RCCI points would give us the same status in the Capt.s Club. And it works the other way around too. If you have 5 Celebrity cruises and 0-1 RCCI, the Crown & Anchor will give you the same status as Capt.'s Club. Seems the magic number is '5'.

ramjet49 January 6th, 2005 05:30 PM

I just read about the RCCI and Celebrity making it possible for return cruisers to enjoy the same level on either ship. We were told on our last RCCI cruise ( Feb. 2004) that this would be happening soon. I have only 2 sailings on RCCI. Will I be eligible for any of the levels on the Celebrity ship? I'm not sure if I understood the post about 5 past cruises being required for a Captain's Club membership. If anyone knows, I'd appreciate any info you could give me. I'm already salivating just thinking of sailing on the Jan. 31st for 11 days!
A cruise lover, Sher

hcat January 6th, 2005 08:16 PM

Wish you could combine them- or ithat ten & eleevn day trips counted more than five day & seven day ones...-we are short with each line but would do ok if we could combine it . We just pick the itin & ship that attracts us at the moment. The only perk really importatnt to us is the priority boarding & disembarkation. Hopefully we'll soon reach the next level

Joe Reynolds January 7th, 2005 10:18 AM

I just checked with a CC agent and they are using C&A points and CC points and totalling to acquire level of membership.
On Celebrity you are getting two points for a cruise 12 days and longer. I didn't ask if you got two points for a 12 days or longer cruise on RCCL.
Does anyone know?

Kuki January 7th, 2005 12:53 PM

There may be some misunderstanding here. They are NOT adding the # cruises passengers have on each line.

Whatever line you have your highest membership level on, will translate to the equivelant level on the other line.

CruzNut January 8th, 2005 11:49 PM

I have 2 RCI cruises and will take my first Celebrity cruise in April ... does that mean I can be a Captain's Club member? If so, how do I arrange to get credit for my RCI cruises with Celebrity? Thanks.

Deputy_Dog January 8th, 2005 11:54 PM

OK the programs operate as 2 totally seperate programs. You can't combine points or transfer from 1 to the other. You can be a member of both programs...that has always been the case. Whatever status you have earned with each individual program will be honored by the other cruise line. Your points will only go towards the program that applies to the particular line you are sailing on.

CruzCrazy January 11th, 2005 09:11 PM

I just came off the Millenium and have completed 5 cruises with them.

I was told by the Celebrity Cruise Sales Agent to call RCI and tell them that I have my 5 completed cruises with Celebrity so I will automatically become a platinum member on RCL.

I have completed only 4 cruises with RCI.

The Clubs breakdown are:

RCI - Crown and Anchor

Gold - up to 5 (Celebrity Classic)
Platinum - completed 5 cruises up to 10 (Celebrity Select)
Diamond - completed 10 cruises to 24 (Celebrity Elite)
Diamond Plus - completed 24+

Celebrity - Captain's Club

Classic - up to 5 (RCI Gold)
Select - completed 5 up to 10 (RCI Platinum)
Elite - completed 10 or more (RCI Diamond)

CruzNut January 12th, 2005 05:48 PM

The dual membership is not open to Gold members of RCI at this time ... you must be Platinum or better. Should they later decide to open it to Gold, they'll send you a letter.