Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 4th, 2005, 07:36 PM
ZACK

Default Cirque de Soleil-Constellation

I am sailing on the Constellation January 29/2005 .I looking for any more reports on how well the Cirque de soleil is performing on board.
Sponsored Links
Old January 5th, 2005, 01:20 PM
Deputy_Dog

Default Re: Cirque de Soleil-Constellation

By most accounts posted here it looks like the thing was initially a disaster. Most people asked for their money back for the 30.00 grand ball or wwhatever they called it and said it was rather stupid. There are several posts regarding this around the bottom of the first page of posts.
Old January 6th, 2005, 01:12 PM
CarolA

I was on Dec 11-18th, the 2nd week of the C du S. It was a flop -- mostly because hardly anyone attended. The ship holds about 1900 people & looked full. The Bar at the Edge of the Earth where the C du S "experience" was holds about 400 people. It was approximately 1/4 full or less every night except the night of the masquerade ball. The masquerade ball WAS a big flop. I liked the other "performances" -- it was similar to the weirdness that C du S usually does in between acrobatic numbers in their regular shows. No acrobatics were done -- I did not expect any in a bar setting, but maybe other folks did expect that. I enjoyed the 5 characters and their antics. They were: The Abyss Gardener, the Dream Fisher, the Wave Correspondent, the Lantern Tuner and Pez Erizo. Great costumes. They lighted up (from time to time), and they did some audience interaction. The Wave Correspondent would come around and give random people messages from a bottle, Pez Erizo would come and steal things off your table and run away with them (and then come back), the Lantern Tuner put lanterns around the bar and the Abyss Gardener would dance with someone. The Dream Fisher came around and sat at people's tables & peered at you in a strange manner. I found it fun, myself, and tried to make it to that bar every evening. To each his own, I suppose, but I liked it.
Old January 6th, 2005, 03:06 PM
RV Trash

Default Re: Re: Cirque de Soleil-Constellation

Sounds kinda creepy to me. Wonder what the messages say? probably advertising or 2% off coupons for a spa treatment. They should combine the Bingo with Cirque....that would be interesting. Perhaps the characters could give out cold towels by the pool.....Im just trying to think of some useful purpose.
Old January 6th, 2005, 08:21 PM
hcat

Where is this bar located compared to where the old round bar was & in relation to the dance floor that previously existed? We won't be back on Summit til 06 so by then who jknows what changes will be made again!