Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 27th, 2005, 07:39 PM
Passenger

Default Summit on January 2006

We just booked the Hawaiian cruise on the Summit for next January and I was surprised to learn that that there aren't a lot of cabins left though it's a year away.
Anyway, this will be our first time on Celebrity and we'll be on the Penthouse deck in Cabin 6047. Any info on this cabin or the ship would be appreciated.

Post Edited (01-27-05 19:40)
Sponsored Links
Old January 28th, 2005, 06:40 PM
GaryThePhotog

Default Re: Summit on January 2006

We'll be a couple of doors down from you in 6053. This cruise is filling way beyond what should be reality. I spoke to Celebrity about this tonight and the best explanation they have is that some companies have taken blocks of rooms. In the last four weeks, I've seen the inside rooms, outside rooms and 2x balcony rooms all become unavailable. Anyway, glad we booked early. If I (or you) find out more details, I'll "write"...
Old January 29th, 2005, 11:58 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Summit on January 2006

Looks like we'll be "neighbors" for a couple of weeks next January so let's share any tips or news we learn about. A year is a long time to look forward to a cruise but I think it will be worth waiting for (evidently a lot of other people think so too since it's almost full).
Old February 1st, 2005, 08:30 AM
Susan Hofer

Default Re: Re: Re: Summit on January 2006

Hi Neighbors,

We will be on Summit on 1/15/06. Is this your date? We are in Cabin 6096 and there are 10 of us family members on this cruise. We booked in October. Noticed that Cat 2-C is unavailabile. You are correct in assuming that travel agents reserve a number of cabins for 2 mos than release what is not sold.

We were on Summit to Hawaii in May '02 and had a very smooth crossing to Vancouver. Don't think we will get that lucky this time of the year. Bring the Bonine & Dramamine.
Old February 2nd, 2005, 05:13 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Summit on January 2006

We'll be on the January 29, 2006 sailing so you'll probably be getting off as we board. I hadn't considered the possiblity of rough seas when I booked but since I have occasionally been seasick and it was not pleasant, I'd better look into remedies well in advance.
Old February 4th, 2005, 02:42 PM
Susan Hofer

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Summit on January 2006

Redlyn,

You will spot me easily. I will be sobbing as they pry my hands from the rails trying to get me off.
Old February 7th, 2005, 08:34 AM
Yeoman

We just booked 01/02/06 in an aft cabin (8185) and are new to this class of ship. Anything tips from the veterans to help us enjoy the Summit? And if anyone crossed the Pacific during Jan of this year can you comment on the seas/weather? Thanks so much, Robbie
Old February 9th, 2005, 12:38 AM
Passenger

I was on the Infinity this past December which did 15 days San Diego to Hawaii from San Diego. It was very rough for the first few days- lots of people ill- crew as well. It does not bother me tho- it always feels like a cradle rocking at nite. But there were definitely times on the cruise over where it was hard to walk- dining room staff really had it tough. There had been a few big storms in the North Pacific that caused a huge swells. A few crew members told us it was the roughest they had ever seen it. It was much less rocky on the return trip.

We also had an aft cabin and it was absolutely delightful- that huge balcony and ability to see left and right, the privacy and the space where there is NO WIND made it pretty darn perfect. WE liked it so much we also rebooked for the Summit for 1/16/06.

We are old fans of X- it was just a wonderful experience in every way in December from the dining to the warm and attentive service. It's just ALL good!
Old February 13th, 2005, 02:15 PM
Kleo

This is our first ever cruise.My husband has booked this for my 50th brithday. We are booked on the Summit to Hawaii during Christmas and New Year 05. Any tips would be most welcome .

Many thanks
Old February 24th, 2005, 05:09 AM
Dick Morrison

Can we have more comment about very rough seas this time of the year? We want to cruise from LA to Hawaii in January 2006, but with 6 days at sea we may have second thoughts if the voyage over and back could be as tough as described. We are used to the normal ship rolling on open seas, but this sounds like much more.