Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 29th, 2005, 09:19 PM
First Mate

Default Favorite Excursions

I have never been to these ports. What are your favorite shore excursions at each of these ports offered by Celebrity.

Casa De Campo, Dominican Republic
Bridgetown, Barbados
St. Georges, Grenada
St. Johns, Antigua
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas

This trip is on the Infinity. I haven't booked yet. Trying to decide if these ports would be a good choice or not.

The Infinity sounds very nice. Have you been on this ship, and what was your opinion.

Thanks for responding:-)
Sponsored Links
Old January 30th, 2005, 10:42 PM
Rob and Shirley Renicker

Default Re: Favorite Excursions

We just got off of Infinity. This was our second cruise on Infinity. We love the ship. Very good food and very nice decor on the ship. (Elegant decor not flashy like some ships.)

We have been to some of your ports on different ships. St. Thomas is very commercialized but still a very nice stop. You can take a taxi to downtown Charlotte Amalie to do a lot of shopping. If you take a tour that takes you to Megan's Bay, you will love the blue water. You can also take a tram ride up the side of a mountain that will give you a great view of the cruise ship. We took an island tour on Barbados and Grenada. Barbados was very nice. Grenada, at the time, was totally uncommercialized and one of our favorite ports.

The itinerary you mentioned sounds good to me!

Enjoy!
Old January 31st, 2005, 06:31 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Favorite Excursions

Thank you.
That tram ride in St. Thomas sounds beautiful. Did you do the tour in Barbados on your own or with the ship?
Old January 31st, 2005, 06:45 AM
First Mate

On St. Thomas I'd say that my favorite excursion was Trunk Bay over on St. John. The snorkeling is fantastic, the Island of St. John is beautiful, and not nearly as congested as St. Thomas, which reminded me of NYC at rush hour..
Old February 2nd, 2005, 05:53 PM
BMK

Did this same route last April on the Constellation, it was fabulous. Our favorite excursion was the sail and swim with the sea turtles in Barbados. We booked through Celebrity and it was agreat day. I agree snorkeling at Trunk Bay is also a wonderful experience and should not be missed. Have a great time.
Old February 2nd, 2005, 08:18 PM
hcat

That's a great itin. When is it offered & from what port?..Have been to most of them but worth going back