Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 21st, 2005, 12:42 PM
Passenger

Default St Petersburg Tour

There are 2 of us sailing on the Century beginning May 21. We're looking at a 2 day tour in St Petersburg . Anyone else interested??? Will probably be with Red October.
Sponsored Links
Old February 21st, 2005, 06:06 PM
edie2565

Default Re: St Petersburg Tour

We will also be on the 5/21 Century sailing and would be interesting in a group using Red October.
Old February 22nd, 2005, 10:47 AM
Yeoman

Hopefully "Celebrity" will be nicer to the individual cruisers using "Red October" than "RCI" was to us this past May. Since we didn't book with the overpriced cruise tours we were forced to wait until "RCI" took us down to the "Customs" area. In the literature from "Red Octpber" they had warned us to be forceful with the cruise personnel about our rights to disembark but we also had to balance that with being civil. The second day, "RCI" wanted the "Red October" people to meet before ashore but we all pretty much just cleared customs on our own. Hope this admonition is unecessary for those of you going this year, just wanted to throw it out there as a possible bump in the road so you could watch for it. Be glad to answer any specific questions, Robbie

And yes, we loved the "Red October" driver and guide. We splurged (with the $ saved by not booking with "RCI") and had a private driver & guide for the full 2 days. What a fantastic experience!
Old February 22nd, 2005, 12:04 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: St Petersburg Tour

Thanks for the insight!!! I've read that the cruise tours have priority getting off the ship but from what I've also read, RO tours have the same rights to get off the ship.
Old March 14th, 2005, 03:19 PM
giraffe0514

DO you mean the Century or Constellation/ We leave Dover 5/21 on the Constellation and are in St. Petersburg the 28th & 29th. Interested in sharing a tour. 2 of us.
Old March 26th, 2005, 11:56 AM
Alexander J

My wife and I are taking the same cruise and hope to take the Red October 2 day standard tour. We would be interested in sharing an auto with another couple.
Let me know if interested.
Old April 26th, 2005, 07:57 PM
First Mate

We are booked on this cruise, also. You might want to check in at cruise critic as they have a meet-up planned, and folks are looking for mates for tours. I am still undecided as to what I'm doing; RO has never gotten back to me, but DenRus has been in contact with others. I'm weighing the difference in costs from the ship's package tours, and trying to decide if it's worth it.