Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 6th, 2005, 02:39 PM
Jaybe

Default Booking your own tours

We will be traveling with an other couple on the October 13 Milliinium sailing -Barcelona to Venice. I keep hearing about the feasability and the saving when you book your own tours rather then use the ship tour office. How do I book these tours in advance? I read some great revies, however, no one gives you any information on how do I bbok , how do I have a taxi waiting at the pier, what are the cost, can two couples travel together, et., etc.
Sponsored Links
Old March 6th, 2005, 03:57 PM
jcohen

Default Re: Booking your own tours

I have always found the excursions Celebrity offers to be a very reasonable price. There may be a small difference but at least you know what your getting with Celebrity. They check out the tour operators very carefully and if something goes wrong on the tour and you are running late they will probably hold the ship for you if you have booked a tour with them. We had a group of people on our Infinity Alaska cruise last September who went on a Glacier Helicopter tour and bad weather moved in. they were stranded someplace for about 1.5 hours and they held the ship for them. The only reason Celebrity knew about it was because it was a tour that was booked through them. So in my opinion it is worth the extra couple of dollas for the piece of mind.