Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 12th, 2005, 09:07 PM
Passenger

Default First time on Celebrity Cruise... and it's our Honeymoon.. 4

Hi there!
Fiance and I are leaving on the Celebrity Millenium on 4/24/05 for our honeymoon. We have booked a Concierge Class room, but are unaware of the perks that come along with booking this type of room... well, let me re-phrase that, we know about the afternoon hors d'ouvres, flowers, etc - However, I have read that booking a CC doubles your "credits" or something like that. Can someone please explain? Also, does anyone know how we go about finding out information for dining/ the spa? I have been to the Celebrity website, but it doesn't give out too much info. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Old March 13th, 2005, 01:04 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: First time on Celebrity Cruise... and it's our Honeymoon

Hi Stefanie,

You just need to read a few of the posts about CC to understand what your perks will be. (That's what I did after booking my first CC stateroom). Celebrity's website gives you a list of the extras also. The credits you get simply puts you farther up the ladder when you join the Captain's Club after your first cruise with Celebrity. Just go to Celebrity's website for info on the Captain's club for that. We were on the Mille's 12 night Mediterranean cruise and loved the ship. We've also been on the Summit, and will be again this May. After you board you will get info on the Spa by going on a short tour. Then if you are interested you can sign up for any treatment(s) you want. We really enjoyed the Spa and the T-Pool. It can become quite costly if you sign up for lots of stuff. On the other hand the gym's cardio equipment is free. Spa food is very good, it's light and healthy for those that want that sort of thing. I'm not sure if the Spa will be serving light dinners now, but it's great for lunch. My husband I usually have room service for breakfast (fruit, rolls and coffee), spa lunch if we're aboard ship and then the main dining room for dinner. We've never done the Specialty restaurant....believe the charge is $30.00 pp for a very nice gourmet meal. We think the food in the dining room is very good anyway. I don't know what your itinerary is, but have a wonderful time on a beautiful ship, and congratulations on your wedding!

Post Edited (03-13-05 14:56)
Old March 14th, 2005, 12:49 PM
Passenger

Hey guys,
First of all congrats!! Wife and I celebrate our 35th on 4/3, will be on the Summit. Have done Millie 2x. You will have a great time. We do recommend the speciality dining. It's called the Olymipia Restr. Do show up HUNGRY!! Lots of great food HEHE. I would recommend that you sign up for the Olympic dining as soon as you get on board. Gives you a better chance on you choice of day/time. SoCalGal has covered the rest of your questions.
Again, Congrats. Happy Sailing.

charlie/betty
Old March 17th, 2005, 05:26 PM
Jim M

My wife and I just got back from a western carib cruise w/ Celebrity. We had a concierge cabin. Don't know about " double credits" but I can anwser your other questions. Your travel agent should have specified what dining time you wanted. However, I think when you prior register on the computer before you sail you can also request your dining time. We had the second seating (8:30). Probably if we did it again we would take the first seating (6:30). We never left the dining room till after 10:30 - but then we had a fantastic table and plenty of wine. When they had their midnight buffet, your were still stuff from supper that all we could do was look at the food. As for theSpa,
when you first board the ship, they give you a raffle to get some free services. You must attend in order to win (which my wife did win). When you go to the Spa, the host explains all the different treatment and you can sign up then for whatever you desire. We had a great time -food, service, you name, Celebrity did a fantastic job. Enjoy.