Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 14th, 2005, 04:29 PM
Passenger

Default SoCalGirl & Charlie/Betty! Thanks for the help! I have

Since you guys were so helpful and knowledgeable, I hope you don't mind me asking you a few more questions!
1) Are all the meals included, except for the Olympic meals? SoCalGirl, you said the Spa lunches are great - and we would love to try them out - just want to make sure that we don't have to pay extra.

2) Can you tell me of anything else that we have to pay extra for? I know about alcoholic beverages, spa treatments, etc., but is everything else included?

3) Have either of you stayed in a CC room before? Are the rooms nice? We looked at the pics on line, but not sure if they give the rooms justice. Any info would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance for your help! My fiance and I are so excited to get married, but must admit that the honeymoon is sounding even more exciting at times!!! We will definitely be ready to relax! Charlie/Betty, congrats on 35 years! You are an inspiration!
Sponsored Links
Old March 14th, 2005, 09:32 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: SoCalGirl & Charlie/Betty! Thanks for the help! I

Hi Stefani,

I think you said you're on the Mille. Yes, all of the meals are free except for the specialty restaurant.....(Olympic on the Mille or Normandie on the Summit). There is a charge of $30.00 pp. for an exceptional dining experience from what I have heard. Be sure and make advance reservations. They do charge for sodas, alcoholic beverages, and wine. There are also charges for Cappuccino, Cova Hot Chocolate, etc. at the Cova Cafe. The Spa food and all meals in the main dining room are free. You can have room service for breakfast and dinner...that is also free! The Spa buffet is right next to the Thalassotherapy Pool. There is also an alternate dining area which is for casual dining (you'll need to make reservations). I believe there is a $5.00 pp charge. The food in the main dining room is wonderful...believe me, you'll never be hungry! Our particular cruise has High Tea...it's scrumptious, too. The Ocean Grill serves hamburgers, pizza, fries, etc. for lunch. There is a homemade ice cream bar, Sushi Bar & Pasta Bar......you really don't need to spend any extra for food and still be very well fed.

We have stayed in what used to be called 1-A on the Mille (2001)and 1-B on the Summit last year....this year the staterooms are Concierge Class by virtue of adding extra amenities. The rooms are very comfortable with plenty of storage space. I take a long (plastic or cloth) shoe storage bag with me to hang on the bathroom door to store all my extras since the bathroom is fairly limited in cupboard space. The room has a niced-sized vanity, a sofa & table, and a comfortable king-sized bed. Veranda is roomy enough to have breakfast or dinner served. The staterooms are simple but functional. As with most cruise ships you'll have plenty of room under the bed to store your luggage. No glitz on the Celebrity ships...just elegant to me. We are sailing on the Summit to Alaska on the day of our 44th anniversary this May 6th. My parents will be with us in their own CC stateroom celebrating their 64th! We all think cruising is the most romantic thing any couple can do.....and it's soooo relaxing.

You are welcome to email me for any other info....I don't want to tell you too much, but I think you'll be delighted with Celebrity......have fun!

Old March 25th, 2005, 12:18 PM
Longboysfan

Stefani: One thing. If you are not Captains Club you can't reserve in the specialty resturant before the cruise.

But.................

You can board the ship about 11:30 AM on in Ft.Lauderdale.
The Millennium that is.

Go to the entrance area of the resturant on the 3rd floor.
One deck down from the entry area - just underneath the grand staircase.
See if there is someone there from the resturant taking reservations.
If so book it.
If no one is there. Find your room.
Dump your carry on bags. Go to the 10 floor - the pool and buffet area.
Just as you go from the buffet area to the pool area there will be a table set up between the walk way areas. This is right next to a small stairway to the 11th level.
The specialty resturant people may be here also taking reservations.
Book it.
They will charge the cost to your room.

Remember the second night out is a formal night.
The next to last night out is a formal night.

You have to be dressed to get into the specialty resturant.

It is woth at least on time going.
Old March 25th, 2005, 12:20 PM
Longboysfan

Oh... A $5 per person tip when you use the resturant would cover it.
Old March 25th, 2005, 10:29 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: SoCalGirl & Charlie/Betty! Thanks for the help!

Thanks for the help! You sure know your information!!