Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 25th, 2005, 10:35 PM
Passenger

Default Can someone go over the embarkation/ disembarkation process

Hello!

My fiance and I leave in a few weeks for a week aboard the Millennium (our honeymoon!) - We have a Concierge Class room, which means that we get "priority embarkation/ disembarkation" - just wondering if anyone could explain this to me - does this mean that we can hop right on and off the ship? Or do we get to sit in those long, tedious lines too? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Stefanie
Sponsored Links
Old March 26th, 2005, 07:42 AM
Parrot Mom

Default Re: Can someone go over the embarkation/ disembarkation proc

From what I understand you will have priority embarking and disembarking the ship.
Old March 26th, 2005, 10:48 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Priority embarkation is an interesting "term". There's several things that qualify for early embarkation... suite passengers, concierge level, sky suites, several levels of Celebrity's Captain Club (repeaters), etc.

On some sailings you'll find that there are more passengers qualified for "early embarkation" than there are those who are not.

When you arrive at the terminal there will be cruise line staff "directing traffic". Let them know you have "priority embarkation" and they'll point you in the right direction.

You still have to go through security, and once inside there will be check in stations designated for suites etc. If the lines happen to be longer for those stations than the others, just find a shorter line.

Old March 27th, 2005, 11:10 AM
Passenger

Thanks for your help! This is such a good message board
Old March 27th, 2005, 03:35 PM
newmexicoNita

Embarkation may or may not be faster with CC class. As was mentioned so many get priorty embarkation it doesn't make that much difference and embarkation is pretty painless these days compared to several years ago. Not so true on Carnival as they have the worst of debakation and embarkation. Debarkation on Celebrity is smooth as well, but having early debarkation can be worth a lot, especailly if the port is a populare one with several ships in port at once. Last time we did Celebrity, out of San Juan the debarkation itself went smoothly enough, but there were 3 or 4 large cruise ships hitting the pier all at once. Just getting a taxi to the airport was the biggest nightmere we have ever experienced in our cruising days. No, take that back, the worst was Carnival. sorry you Carnival fans, it was awfulllllllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!NMnita
Old March 28th, 2005, 10:55 AM
mslvp

I find if a ship sails at 5/530pm, the best time to embark is between 3:30-4pm. The big crush is gone & I've always just walked right on board. Disembarking is always a bit of a pain & since they make you show airline tix to "prove" needing to get off early, having priority disembarkation might be a help. If a very, very busy port & you need to get somewhere quickly, consider reserving a limo -it might be well worth the extra $$$$.

This is what I suggest to my clients also.

Have fun!

[http://www.greatcruisinghome.com]