Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 4th, 2005, 09:37 PM
Tish

Default Book spa in advance?

Hello everyone,
First, thank you all for your very informative posts. We're cruising to Bermuda from Philly in August and I haven't been on a cruise since 1990. Very excited. Can you tell me if I should book a spa service prior to the cruise or is it just as easy to book once on board? We have a suite with a butler. What service can I expect from him? Also, any other tips for someone who hasn't cruised in a very long time?
Thanks,
Tish
Sponsored Links
Old April 5th, 2005, 04:18 PM
Tish

Default Re: Re: Book spa in advance?

Thank you for your response. I will be sure to book something shortly. I agree with you about not wanting to spend port time at the spa. The butler sounds terrific. I appreciate your help!
Old April 6th, 2005, 08:09 PM
hcat

Default Re: Book spa in advance?

Unless you want to book a spa package you can wait til you board. If you book when you board you can get the times you want, enter the raffle etc. & make decisions based on what you see... On our recent trip, the unrelenting Steiner sales pitch really annoyed me. I am to the point where I am booking less & less....just because I want the service not the products they pitch....It is now more of an info -mercial during each spa treatment...not what I am paying for when I book a treatmemnt. The "therapist " also had the nerve to tell me I could pay in cash to avoid my husb finding out what I have spent & she'd give me a discount...really!
Old April 8th, 2005, 07:42 PM
Tish

Very interesting. I did go to the Celebrity website and noticed that they only listed packages. Also, it said they had to be booked through the travel agent. I really only want a massage and maybe a facial, so a package may be far more than I need. I agree with you about not wanting an infomercial. Thanks for the info.
Old April 12th, 2005, 10:00 AM
aj

Default Re: Re: Re: Book spa in advance?

Be very careful booking in advance; just off the Summit; would absolutely agree about the sales pitch, it has got far to agressive and spoils the experience
Worse still ,despite prepaying I have been charged again and the problem could not be resolved while I was on ship, so have to now hassle around with my TA for a refund
Old April 12th, 2005, 12:50 PM
hcat

Default Re: Book spa in advance?

Some of the specials you can book on board include a facial & massage & they are very flexible with times--can do them late on a port day & get the good price...I will try once more with it--I will tell the person I have all the products I need & can they just do the service--sometimes it works! I like their various types of advanced facials--something different from what I get at home. Massage depends more on who you get- assigned to-- Enjoy
Old April 13th, 2005, 09:55 PM
Tish

Thanks for the suggestion. I appreciate your help.