Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 13th, 2005, 12:59 PM
kurtw

Default Constellation (baltic cruise)

HI:

Looking to take the Constellation in June of next year in the Baltic.

1) How is the weather in June in the Baltic?
2) How is the Constellation? (e.g. service, food, staterooms, etc.)
Anybody who has sailed on the Constellation in the Baltic please tell me your thoughts.

I was also looking at the Jewel of the Seas...

Thanks,

Kurt
Sponsored Links
Old April 13th, 2005, 05:52 PM
Helen T

Default Re: Constellation (baltic cruise)

Hi Kurt

I think Constellation excellent choice. I did Baltic cruise on her in 2003. both ship and itinerary excellent. Staterooms good size and stateroom attendants kept them immaculately. Food of a very high standard and served very professionally. Good activities programme and this boat has a particularly high space to passenger ratio, although I can't remember the exact figure, but that makes it very comfortable particularly on sea days when everybody is on board.

I went to Baltic in July weather was very warm although staff on the boat said we had been particularly lucky as northern europe had been having a heatwave at that time.

I'm sailing constellation again this summer on a different itinerary which goes to UK ports and fjords as I enjoyed her so much.

I came back from New York 2 days ago after sailing on Norwegian Dawn, Jewel is Dawn's sister ship and slightly bigger that Dawn (Dawn 92,000 tonnes & jewel 93,000 tonnes). Passenger space ratio nowhere near as generous as on constellation. I personally wouldn't bother going on Jewel for Baltic sailing unless you specificaaly wanted to go for Freestyle dining options.

Hope this helps
Old April 13th, 2005, 08:22 PM
kurtw

Default Re: Re: Constellation (baltic cruise)

Thanks for your comments
Old April 14th, 2005, 12:39 AM
Passenger

Went in June of 2004.outstanding in all aspects but the weather was not very good - but who cares.The ship ,crew,service and itinerary way fantastic.I took the excursion to Moscow,which left at 7 Am and returned at 2 AM the next day.It was $650 and worth every penny.Just unbelievable.
Old April 15th, 2005, 08:44 PM
Beginner

Just want to point out that we booked this cruise on Constellation for July of this year. Celebrity has had 5 or 6 schedule changes, apparently pre-planned, but not announced. This has happened to nearly every Baltic Constellation cruise this year, not just ours. Each one of these resulted in less time in port to the tune of more than 25% less at this point. Overnights in Copenhagen and Stockholm became 7 daylight hours in Stockholm and 5 daylight hours in Copenhagen. Other ports were either eliminated or changed with times in port substantially reduced. Celebrity's response to "why?" was essentially, "read your contract we can do what we want". Although I have done three consecutive Europe cruises on Celebrity, I will avoid them in the future. I f I just wanted to sail around, I could have svaed alot of money and gone to the Caribbean.

Jerry
Old April 16th, 2005, 08:59 AM
kurtw

Thanks...Which ports were dropped or changed...Also, looking at celebrity's web site, Copenhagen is a overnight 12-12.... And which July cruising are you going on...
Old April 18th, 2005, 02:55 PM
Bud

We did the Baltics/Russia cruise on the Constellation last summer. I posted a "reader review" under Ship reviews" above. See "Celebrity/Constellation". The Constellation was excellent as was the itinerary.

Bud
Old April 22nd, 2005, 02:30 PM
Beginner

Send a message via Yahoo to newyorker58

which are you sailing on? 2nd or 30th. i 'm on the 30th
marilyn
Old April 23rd, 2005, 08:51 AM
kurtwr

I'm not booked this year looking for next...let me know how you like the cruise...
Old April 23rd, 2005, 03:07 PM
Administrator
Admiral

I think there was a mistake in an earlier post. Jewel of the Seas is a Royal Caribbean ship and not a sister ship to Norwegian Dawn. Jewel of the Seas is a very nice vessel and I don't think you would be disappointed in either ship. I would choose Celebrity purely on the food quality and service. The Brilliance class of ship, (which Jewel is one of) are beautiful ships which use a lot of glass and have great ocean views.

The standard stateroom sizes for inside and outside cabins are about the same: 170 sq. ft. with Constellation having a little larger standard balcony cabins. 190 to 200 sq. ft. vs. 170 to 190 sq. ft.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me