Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 13th, 2005, 12:00 PM
ron mack

Default celebrity cruises

I RECENTLY HAD THE MISFORTUNE OF SAILING ON THIS CRUISE LINE. WE DID THE EASTERN CARRIBIAN ON THE CENTURY. WE BOOKED THE CRUISE PRIMARILY BECAUSE OF THE PORTS OF CALL AND THE TIMES THAT WERE LISTED IN EACH PORT. WE WERE LATE GETTING INTO EACH PORT AND LEFT EARLY IN 2 OF THE FOUR PORTS, THIS LIMITED THE TIME WE COULD SPEND SEEING EACH OF THEM. WHILE ALL THE PORTS WERE INTERESTING WE COULD NOT ENJOY 2 OF THEM AT ALL. THE ONLY PORT FOR WHICH WE WERE "ON TIME" WAS PORT EVERGLADES WHERE WE DIS-EMBARKED, REACHING IT ABOUT AN HOUR BEFORE SCHEDULE.
THIS WAS OUR THIRD CRUISE IN THREE YEARS AND WE THROUGHLY ENJOYED THE FIRST 2 ON HAL. I'M GLAD THAT WE HAD USED HAL ON THE PRIOR CRUISES, BECAUSE IF WE HAD USED CELEBRITY ON THE FIRST I DON'T BELEIVE WE WOULD HAVE SAILED A CRUISE LINE AGAIN.
WE ATTEMPTED TO GET EXPLANATIONS FROM THE CREW BUT GOT NO EXPLANATIONS, APOLOGIES OR REFUNDS.
DON'T TRY THIS LINE FOR YOUR FIRST CRUISE YOU WILL NEVER NOW HOW GOOD CRUISING COULD BE.
Sponsored Links
Old April 13th, 2005, 01:46 PM
Clint Leung

Default Re: celebrity cruises

That's too bad about your experience. I sailed on their Millenium ship in the Med sea and it was great.

Clint

Free Spirit Gallery
http://www.FreeSpiritGallery.ca
Exquisite Eskimo Inuit Art & Northwest Indian Art
Old April 13th, 2005, 02:16 PM
Admiral

When was your cruise? Were there weather problems, or extensive mechanical issues? What were the scheduled times of arrival and departure and what were the actual times? Posting with some facts and some details would make your post a lot more helpful.
Old April 13th, 2005, 03:21 PM
rmac

Default Re: Re: celebrity cruises

THE CRUISE LEFT ON 4/2/05 AND RETURNED ON 4/9/05. WE DIDN'T HAVE ANY BAD WEATHER WHILE ON THE SHIP, ONLY AT THE LAST PORT. WE WEREN'T TOLD OF ANY MECHANCAL PROBLEMS. PLEASE NOTE, THE SHIP AND THE SERVICE ON THE SHIP WAS GOOD, IT WAS MAINLY THE DISAPPOINTMENTS AT THE PORTS.
Old April 13th, 2005, 08:33 PM
Kruise_Krazy

First of all lay off the caps please and second of all I think you are a liar. Do you realize how easy it is to find out from Celebrity whether a ship had arrival and departure time issues? Its as simple as making a phone call to customer service. I did just that and I think I can be very confident in calling you a liar.
Old April 14th, 2005, 12:09 AM
First Mate

i have sailed Celebrity 10 times and never once have i had a problem. one time there was a problem wiht our cabin and they upgrades up mid way in the cruise. on top of that they gave us 1/2 of our money back for the cruise. celebrity is excellent in customer service and goes out of their way to satisfy the guest. celebrity is my favoriate line and i have sailded with HAL, RCCL, NCL, Princess, and Costa. They beat every cruise line in all aspects so it is hard to believe that you would get no response from the company. often times they provides the response before you even ask. Celebrity Cruises === A+++++++++++++++++++++++
Old April 14th, 2005, 11:33 AM
David Starkey

Ships do miss ports and arrive late sometimes. If that is such a big issue with you....cruising may not be for you.

I have had that happen on several different lines and ships....no big deal.

Celebrity is a good line despite what you say.
Old April 14th, 2005, 01:00 PM
newmexicoNita

I would not call you a liar, as I think that is totally un called for on this or any other thread: I do think you are making a moutain out of a mole hill. Of course missing or being late to ports is a disappointment, it has happened to almost all of us who have cruised very often. You have a right to your opinion and we should respect that, but to judge an entire cruise line on one experience or one ship is totally unfair and you may be missing a chance for a very good experience next time by being so narrow minded. By the way, Celebrity is not my number one choice in cruising either, but it is a good cruise line; you had a bad experience. NMNitai
Old April 14th, 2005, 01:37 PM
Kruise_Krazy

OK the thing is this person is Lying. I called Celebrity and was told no such thing happened on this sailing. Anyway only on the rarest of circumstances do ships leave port early because people are off on excursions and have things planned for days in port. This person is making false claims against Celebrity and the word for it is Liar. What this person says happened din not happen its as simple as that. This person is not giving an opinion he is making blatantly false statements. In my book that is lying and a person who tells lies is known as a liar. So I feel very comfortable calling him a liar.
Old April 14th, 2005, 05:38 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Re: celebrity cruises

I'll ask my question again. What were the scheduled arrival and departure times and what were the actual arrival and departure times? How much time did you actually lose?
The stops for this cruise are Puerto Rico, StThomas, St Martin and Nassau.
In Puerto Rico the arrival is scheduled for late in the afternoon and it is basically an evening port stop. In Nassau the arrival is scheduled as early AM and departure is early afternoon . Basically a short morning only stop. Perhaps you were unaware that the two stops were "abreviated" to begin with.
Regardless, although some of the comment above is harsh, trashing an entire cruise line seems a bit over the top for the circumstances as described.
Old April 15th, 2005, 02:06 PM
afrontino

My husband and I sailed on Millennium from April 3 to April 10th. Every arrival was on time as was every departure. I cannot imagine a ship leaving a port early and taking the chance of leaving some stragglers behind, so I think the problem is that this person simply did not take the time to check out (beforehand) the length of stay in each port. I would not call him a liar, simply (and sadly) misinformed. We love Celebrity and would definitely cruise with them again!
Anne