Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 24th, 2005, 01:45 PM
SLP Esq

Default Mille Eastern Med 6/20/05

We'd be happy to hear from anyone else on this sailing. It is a fully booked cruise.
Sponsored Links
Old April 27th, 2005, 11:06 PM
Beginner

Default Re: Mille Eastern Med 6/20/05

We are going on this cruise also. It had been fully booked for most of the last 8 months. A few cabins opened up around the time final payment was due. What are you planning for excursions? Michele
Old April 29th, 2005, 02:13 PM
SLP Esq

How many are you? Where are you from? We are mom and teenage daughter from Las Vegas.

We booked this sailing in March of 2004, specifically to get a corner FV cabin -- 2 rooms and a huge wraparound balcony, which we got for much less than an inside cabin is going for now.

We are doing excursions in just about every port: Imperial Rome, Florence and Pisa, Venice Glassworks and Gondola Ride, Pompeii ruins, etc.

Have you been on the CruiseCritic Celebrity Cruise Connection message board? There are a gazillion people regularly posting re this sailing.

Sandy
Old May 22nd, 2005, 01:45 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Janeen Send a message via MSN to Janeen Send a message via Yahoo to Janeen

Hello Everyone,

My husband and I also booked this cruise. We hope to see you aboard. This our first cruise it was hard for me to talk my husband in to going, since his job is working off shore in the oil company. He says his idea of a vacation is not being on another boat in the middle of the ocean. I hope this trip will change is mind. This trip was kind of last minute for us and I trying to decide about the excursions. My husband has kind of left all the planning up to me so any links would be helpful in planning would be gratefully apperciated, Thank You! (Nothing like last minute planning to get you frazzled) By what I have read so far on reviews:

Barcelona: I haven't finished researching but we speach spainsh also so I am sure we will be fine getting around.

CIvitavecchia(Rome): we need a tour- we were looking into grouping together with others on board to do a mini van tour. Anyone interested please let me know.

Dubrovnik: By the reviews I have read it is pretty easy to get around without a tour.

Livorno : I am told the train station is close by with taxi and Pisa and Florence are easy access.

Naples: you can walk to the train station(3 blocks) from the port and take a train to pompeii or sorrento.

Piraeus( Athens) : we are looking for others to book a mini van and one interested please let us know.

Santorini: I have been told no tours are necessary. An to take the cable car up to town and enjoy our time there. Then take a cab to the archaeological dig.

Venice: Everyone has said the place is completely walkable and with the shuttle taking you to the Plaza San Marco and Gadola rides are a must.

Villefranche: We are still undecided we are considering the Nice, Eze & Monaco tour from the ship. If you have any sugguestions please let me know!

If you have any advice that would help in planning this last minute 1st time cruise please email me janeen318@hotmail.com. Thank you to everyone who responds.
Old May 31st, 2005, 08:33 AM
ApontePR

My wife and I will be joining y'all as well.