Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 25th, 2005, 11:06 AM
Phinnegan

Default bottled water on celebrity

Hi,

Have my first ever cruise coming up on Millennium in October.

The website says water is $2.50. My wife and I generally consume ALOT of bottled water (serveral bottes each per day). So, 2 questions:

Does the "Coke Card" (or whatever it's called) include water? Or is it just fountain pop (what about juice)?

I know they "discourage" bringing any alcohol on board, but what if I walked up to the ship with 2 cases of bottled water that I purchase in Barcelona -- would that be a problem?

Thanks!
Can't wait for my first cruise.
Sponsored Links
Old April 25th, 2005, 12:12 PM
PapBill

Default Re: bottled water on celebrity

Your soda card will not get you bottled water. I suggest you bring on a couple of bottles, refill them and keep them cold inthe fridge in your room or with ice from your room or lido deck . Ships water is usually as pure as anything you get from a bottle. It is usually distilled/filtered water . May be a bit tepid in temp as it comes out of your tap, but it is pure and clean. You can refill bottles with nice cold water on lido deck.
Old April 25th, 2005, 04:01 PM
Passenger

We are "Pepsi folk" and have no qualms,or problems carrying on a case of Diet Pepsi (for me) and Pepsi One (for my wife). We ask our room steward to remove all their stuff from the refrigerator so we have planty of room for our sodas and the case of wine we usually also carry on when we board.This hoard lasts usually for the length of a 14 day cruise.

I agree with the previous suggestions re: water.I've noticed lots of people filling up their bottles in the buffet.
Old April 25th, 2005, 07:22 PM
Lilly

There is always a pitcher of ice water in your room. I refill the same bottle until I "lose" it!!! Then I buy another, cheaper in port than on the ship, and repeat until I "lose" that one too!!!
Old April 26th, 2005, 06:26 AM
Passenger

Hey guys,
We are huge water drinkers ourselves. WE take along our own water bottles and just fill it with ice and water in the cafe area. Water/Ice always available there and the water is very good on board. That way you really don't need to haul water on board. Plus we do find that the frig in ur room is not usualy very cold.
We have sailed Millie 2x so far. I'm sure you will enjoy. Are u doing the 'return' crossing, or the med tour?
Old April 29th, 2005, 10:36 AM
Phinnegan

Default Re: Re: bottled water on celebrity

Thanks everyone for your replies -- this is really helpful info!
I'll have more questions and it's encouraging to know I can get the real info from those with experience.

I'm doing the med tour
Old May 7th, 2005, 09:21 AM
First Mate

The ship's water is as pure if not purer than anything in the bottle. Why lug water or waste money....Fill your bottles from the ship's tap!
Old June 6th, 2005, 06:16 PM
emma2u

Be careful when refilling your water bottles in the lido/cafe area. I have seen people put their used water bottles right on the spout.getting their germs on it,yuck!
Emma
Old June 7th, 2005, 12:01 PM
hcat

We bring our own water bottles--the mini sized ones along with mini coke cans & Spicy V-8 which is not available on board. I use that as juice since it is lower carb than OJ & I am on restricted carbs for health reasons. It is a pain to carry it all but worth it once we are on board. if you buy water on board or even when leaving for port they tack on the usual 15% service charge which I just can't see paying for water...
Old June 8th, 2005, 10:13 AM
Benny

We just finished a Galaxy cruise. I would not drink any water on the ship and believe those that said it's as pure as the bottled Avivon, sold at the bars, ice cold, are kidding themselves. You can bring water and liquor in reasonable quantities back on the ship. If you are coming back with a case of wine the steward will hold it until departure.
Buy what you need on shore. Great bottled water with and without gas is available throughout Europe. Use the ship's bottled water as needed. This will probably be the smallest and best charge on your sea pass. You don't want to shelp a box of water around after a day of touring in summer heat. Benny & Boo
Old June 10th, 2005, 09:48 PM
P&P

Hi,
My husband and I went on an 11-night cruise in March on the Horizon. We brought one of those mini Brita water filters. We would take the water in the pitcher that they give you in the room and pour it into the Brita and then put that in the fridge. We brought a few of those sports water bottles with us in our carry-on bags (plus we filled two empty Perrier water bottles, which were green in color, with alcohol - one with rum, which I drink and one with scotch for my husband!) wrapped them up good in plastic bags and had those in our carry-on bags!! The room steward fills up that water pitcher a few times a day, so we always had water. I also brought a large insulated mug, so I could fill it with whatever I wanted to drink from the cafe - the glasses and cups they have are soooo small that you have to keep going back for a refill. My husband also purchased the "soft drink card" as he drinks a lot of diet Coke, so it was worth it - and I could get some Coke to go with my rum!! If you go ashore, you can always buy a few bottles of whatever and take a tote bag with you - they never stopped us from bringing anything on except when we bought a case of alcohol - they kept that until our last night and then they bring it to your room. Have fun - hope this helped somewhat. That was OUR first cruise and we loved it.
Old June 20th, 2005, 10:30 AM
First Mate

I agree with Texasmonk, the water on the ship is a pure as any you can buy in a bottle. It is purified and distilled right on the ship. Our last cruise on the Voyager we brought a couple of bottles of water and kept refilling them from the tap. No one got sick, the water is fine.

Explorer of Sea 2003
Norwegian Dawn 2004,2005
Voyager of the Sea 05/05
Celebrity Zenith 1/23/06
Celebrity Century 11/13/06
Norwegian Dawn DD cruise 10/14/06
Celebrity Constellation TA 9/15/07
Norwegian Dawn 10/25-26 Nowhere