Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 15th, 2005, 10:06 PM
Beginner

Default horizon suite 1005

Hi! Cruising out of Philadelphia to bermuda in Suite 1005 -- I'm a little worried about seasickness. Should I rebook room? thanking you in advance.
Sponsored Links
Old May 16th, 2005, 04:00 PM
Admiral

Default Re: horizon suite 1005

What would changing your room do for sea sickness? Do you get motion sick when riding in a car, out on a small boat or flying? If no, then you will probably not get motion sick on a ship (regardless of cabin), unless you talk yourself into it.
Old May 17th, 2005, 11:38 AM
Beginner

Default Re: Re: horizon suite 1005

Papabill, thanks for responding. After reading message boards I've read that the motion is much worse in the front of the ship?
Old May 17th, 2005, 03:34 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Re: horizon suite 1005

If that is true, will you be avoiding all decks, shops, theatres in the front of the ship?.
Yes, motion may be a slight bit different in a Bow or stern cabin, but I hold to my first point. There is no reason to believe you will get seasick (motion sick) unless you get motion sick on "land".
Old June 1st, 2005, 08:06 AM
Passenger

Default Re: horizon suite 1005

When are you sailing out of Philly? We are also sailing the bermuda cruise on horizon out of philadelphia in july. we've never cruised celebrity and never cruised on a smaller ship, but I can say that if you are prone to motion sickness, you should prep yourself beforehand. We've sailed enchantment of the seas (RCI) and the Star Princess...one a medium sized ship the other large......both rocked a tad here and there, but nothing to worry about.