Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 30th, 2005, 04:24 PM
Tish

Default Bring a bike onboard?

Hi to all,
Does anyone know if it is possible to bring a bicycle on the Horizon? We live close to port and would love to bring the bikes on the cruise to Bermuda.
Thanks,
Tish
Sponsored Links
Old June 4th, 2005, 08:59 PM
First Mate

Send a message via MSN to DalTX
Default Re: Bring a bike onboard?

Im sure you could bring the bike,but dont think you could ride it on the ship! ..but a good idea for the ports! I know bikes break down to nothing,so Im sure it would be ok,but you can always ask them!
Old June 5th, 2005, 07:33 AM
BMK

I would definitely call Celebrity and ask. My concern would be keeping the bike in the cabin, there is not usually alot of extra space. Maybe, they would be able to store the bikes for you. Have a great trip.
Old June 5th, 2005, 12:18 PM
Cruize_Crazy

What a great idea! I dont think I have ever seen anyone bring a bike with them on a cruise. Maybe this will start a new trend.
Old June 6th, 2005, 02:33 PM
Fodorite

I think that's a great idea too, I would love to bring bikes to the islands. I'm sure it can be done, you won't believe what I saw being driven off an RCCL ship in the caribbean...choppers, big, loud, obnoxious motorcycles tearing up beautiful St. Martin!

I read about this in the NY Times recently, RCL is offering theme cruises and they had a motorcycle group cruise. All the bikers brought aboard their Harley's, stored them in the hold and rode them off on the islands, and I can't believe I actually saw it. I can't remember which ship but it was this past April. Great. ;(

If they can fit those choppers onboard than surely they can bring aboard a few bicycles.
Old June 8th, 2005, 09:24 PM
Tish

Hi Everyone,
I've just received a reply from Celebrity regarding bringing the bike onboard. Unfortunately, they said that was not permitted. Oh well, I'll just have to rent one in Bermuda. Thanks all.