Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 1st, 2005, 09:13 PM
Vicki Clague

Default sky suites

I'm a first-time cruiser and booked a sky suite on the Summit. I hope I made a good choice. It is 6145 back by the Penthouse Suite. I guess it used to have regular balcony doors but was assured by Celebrity that they have been replaced with sliders.

Any input on this or other advice for first time cruisers?

Thanks. Vicki
Sponsored Links
Old June 3rd, 2005, 01:43 PM
Passenger

Default Re: sky suites

You have chosen an excellent sky suite! Nestled in between the penthouse suite and a CC class cabin, its decor matches the penthouse with a bigger-than-average balcony. You should also have a top-of-the-line butler, since he's also servicing the penthouse next door . . . you will definitely enjoy this location.

In answer to a previous poster, sky suites on sky deck only have the bigger balconies on Century-class ships (Century, Galaxy and Mercury). Sky suites on M-class ships (Summit, Constellation, Millennium and Infinity) that are located on sky deck are nothing spectacular, with normal-size balconies. If I were to occupy a sky suite on an M-class ship such as the Summit, the only ones with huge balconies are 6145 (yours) and 6146 on the opposite side.

Trust me, you chose well!

Old June 4th, 2005, 08:33 AM
Mike in the Midwest

You have picked one of the two best SS on the M-class ship. If I do not get 6145/6 I do not book. I have stayed in those cabins on the Infinity, Constellation and Summit. The decor of the room is the same as the penhouse suite and the bathroom is huge and marble. There is automatic adjustible zone lighting and electric draper and shades- a feature that I do not think is in a regular SS. The enteryway door is thick mahogany with marble foyer-like the penthouse. The room is very quiet because is is very far aft- on downsided there are the occasional parties hosted in the penthouse suite can be noisey especially with a grand piano on the otherside of a common door. As of December it had a balcony door rather than slider- so this is new if they replaced them-real makes no difference at all. Enjoy- the secret is out.

Old June 6th, 2005, 08:51 PM
Vicki Clague

Thanks for the great comments. I am really EXCITED now!

Vicki