Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 12th, 2005, 12:49 PM
DRW

Default Millennium Oct. 13 Share Naples/Amalfi Tour!!

Hi,

This post applies to the October 13 Mediterannean sailing of the Millennium.

We're looking for 2 (maybe 4) people who would be interested in sharing the cost of our Amalfi Coast Tour. We will be booking a private vehicle (without guide) for the scenic drive down the coast with lookout stops along the way. We plan to spend about an hour in Sorrento, Positano and Amalfi respectively. The tour is 8 hours total. (details are below).

This tour includes a driver, however commentary is not included. The driver speaks minimal English and is there to chauffeur you only.

Departure Point:
Tour will commence upon pick up at the port in Naples

Departure Time:
9:00am

Itinerary:
Drive on Amafi coast - with look-out stops along the way for pics
Sorrento - an hour
Positano - around an hour and a half - enough time to explore and have lunch
Amalfi - an hour
Drive back to the dock- likely along the highway, passing through Ravello (not coast road)

Inclusions:
Chauffeur Driver
Air conditioned private transportation in car or minivan

Exclusions:
Guide & Meals

Vechile Additional Info:
Vehicles Used:
2 to 3 passengers - Car (Lancia K or similar )
4 to 5 passengers - Minivan (Ulysse or similar)
5 to 8 passengers - Minibus
(vehicles are subject to change)

Pricing:
Amalfi Coast Private Tour per person:
4 people:$81US/person (requires two more in addition to us)
6 people:$60US/person (requires four more in addition to us)

About us:
Dave is 32, and Lisa will be 30 -- we're celebrating our 5th Wedding Anniversary. We're looking for a leisurely tour without an intensive "have to see this site" schedule. We're more interested in seeing the towns themselves, and the beautiful coastline. Our intention is to wander each town at leisure and be sure to be back at the car at the agreed upon time so we can all move on to the next stop! Spontaneous stops to snap a picture at the viewpoints on the way are likely.

If this sounds like something you're interested in, send us an email:
davidrwaite_at_hotmail.com (replace _at_ with @)

PS -- I'm also looking for folks to share a private Rome tour on the same sailing. i'll be posting details soon -- contact me for that one also.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old June 21st, 2005, 11:54 AM
DRW

Default Re: Millennium Oct. 13 Share Naples/Amalfi Tour!!

Hi,

Just bumping my own thread -- we have had a few responses but have not confirmed yet.
If you are interested in joining this small, private tour, please let me know.

Thanks!!
DRW

PS -- the Oct. 13 date is the data of the cruise departure -- the date spent in Naples is actually the 17th
Old June 23rd, 2005, 10:40 AM
Frank B

I have been to those areas on land vacations. I don't think you can get the flavor and eat lunch at Positano in only an hour and a half. Press the guide for 2 hours. Cars must stop at the top of the town. It will take 10-15 minutes to just walk down to the beach for a nice lunch at an ocean front restaurant. Amalfi is a lovely town and I spent four nights in Sorrento once. We loved the area. If you have time, vist La Sirenuse:

http://www.sirenuse.it/

and ask the driver about the Emerald Grotto near Amafi. Not great, but very interesting. Cost to enter is extra.
Old July 11th, 2005, 12:05 PM
DRW

Hi,
This tour has filled up! Thanks to those who showed interest.
still have not booked the Rome private car (see other thread with similar title) if you are interested.

Thanks!
DRW