Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 24th, 2005, 03:08 PM
jim mcc

Default concierge class

traveling in october on the constellation first tine for" concierge class " Is there anything realy special about it or is it just hype ?
Sponsored Links
Old July 24th, 2005, 06:37 PM
Beginner

Default Re: concierge class

So are we - on the Millinium October 1 from Venice - would love to know the same thing
Old July 24th, 2005, 06:37 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to Jimbo_Bost

I would like to hear about that also. Let's bump this thread up.
Old July 24th, 2005, 08:09 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Y2C

One item for booking a Concierge Class or suite is you can get double to triple sailing credits depending on the lenghth of the cruise. It moves you up to the next status level faster, Classic, Select and Elite. The only item I do not remember is to get these sailing credits you might had to sail them once before, not sure. Captain Club can answer that question.

Concierge info.

The larger table and cushioned chairs on the veranda was a pleasant surprise. The robes were much nicer, canapés each day and fresh fruit were a nice touch.

Here is a list from the Celebrity web site of the amenities. I copied this about a year ago and do not believe it is on their site today. If you wanted some of the items to take home there is a list in the stateroom of the costs. Not all items cost, some are their to take home at no charge.

the stateroom
welcome champagne
daily fruit selection
canapés
fresh-cut flowers
a menu of pillows - conformance, body, goose, and Isotonic®
pillow-top mattresses
duvets
sofa pillows
leather key holder
personalized stationery
tote bag
umbrella

the bathroom
bath rugs
bath mats
oversized bath towels
hand towels
facial towels
flower vase
frette bathrobes
hansgrohe showerhead
salon-quality hair dryer
a selection of shampoos, body lotions, and soaps
showercap
breath mints
sewing kit

priority service
priority luggage delivery
priority pressing service
shoeshine valet
priority laundry service
extended room service
dining and seating preference
vip invitations to events
preference on shore excursions
priority embarkation and debarkation

veranda
table (suitable for two)
cushioned chairs
high-powered binoculars (somewhat of a myth in my opinion)

Sea of Cortez on Ryndam 9-28-2005

Round trip Los Angeles to Hawaii, Summit March 26, 2006

Vancouver – Alaska – Los Angeles, Sept 16, 2006 on Summit

Post Edited (07-24-05 20:11)

Old July 25th, 2005, 12:45 PM
Parrot Mom

We are using CC class on the Century and for a small amount it seemed worth it for a 15 day cruise.. especially priority service of departure. Unfortunately there aren't any verandas in our class on the ship..and the cabin seems the same as most..but it's a special cruise and a special occasion..
Old August 1st, 2005, 11:44 PM
PFD / ATL

Just returned 7/29 from Summit ...Seward to YVR. We booked concierge class on 8th floor aft at a last minute bargin - While not dissapointed, I wasn't much impressed either. The upgraded amenities we found of use: room service menu - you can order anything off the main dining room menu but only during normal meal times, the fresh flowers / fruit, early disembarking, choice of pillows, nicer towels and welcome champagne. Rooms are no bigger or outfitted except table on balcony will tightly fit two. We had cabins 8152 and 8154.

The sounds good but aren't real amenities: The canapes were inedible, the VIP reception not worth effort, dinning preferance - did not do me any good even when I asked in person upon boarding, No preference shown at all for shore excursions, normal laundry service (next day since unwilling to pay 50% premium for same day) took almost two days and the ONE leather key holder - if traveling with a spouse, you have to flip for it.

I would have felt really ripped off if I paid allot more for the " concierge" cabin vs a regular balcony - our orig price quote was @ $2,200 before the one day sale which we jumped on for about half price.

We had twice daily cabin service from a very nice and very over worked / tired steward but not a nice as I remembered our last Inside Passage on the Galaxy in '97. On the Galaxy, cabin service was amazing - every time you left your cabin it was straightened and I remembered the beds to be allot more comfortable. Our bed was a little to hard for me.

Everyone is different and you may find the other amenities like shampoo and soap and a thicker bathrobe worth it.but manage your expectations - Allot of it is simply marketing.

We had a very nice time, (didn't set foot in the Edge Bar (CDS show) but twice and it was empty both times), entertainment we found much better than most, food was fair to good, never had a bad meal. Our asst Maitre'd Edwin was zero help with our table or my wife's food allergy but our waiter Adan was pretty cool guy. The ship layout was top notch - never felt overly crowded on ship (except the grand buffet night). I failed to see anything wrong with condition of the Summit other than some defective leather trim on the chairs in the main lounge area. I thought the ship was in excellent shape. I have read where Celebrity is positioning itself below Raddison Seven Seas and above Princess. Having sailed both lines this year, I did not experience that and would not get fooled into paying more for Concierge class. Others may feel differently, this is simply my opinion. We have sailed on 10 ships so far. I am not an overly experienced critic yet nor do I have any loyalties to any one line yet.

I'll sail Celebrity again. Thanks to web sites like this, I'll do it with my expectations managed. Enjoy your cruise - you will have a good time and hopefully many happy memories.

p.s excuse any typo's - too tired to go back and correct.
Old August 2nd, 2005, 04:40 PM
Passenger

CC class is a ripoff. Buy the least amount of space necessary for you to have a good time. Outside of sleeping, showering, and changing clothes, everyone on the cruise enjoys the same activities, shows a, and food. I used to get large cabins with butlers, etc. Never used them or saw them until tip time. I've gotten older and after taking many cruises, I resist paying extra for a few canapes and cheap champagne. The difference in cost that you save can be enormous. I am a happy cruiser with a simple outside cabin. I only get a balcony if it is extremely inexpensive. There are lots of open decks to sit on and view the sights.
Old August 2nd, 2005, 06:24 PM
Cruise Maniac

Appreciated PFD / ATL comments about keeping our expectations in check.

We are booked on the Infinity to Alaska in a CC cabin, and it will be our first time in that cabin catagory. We've always booked suites.

We're not rich or retired!!!! but we got hooked on the service and the somewhat larger cabin space.

For the CC cabins...we'll keep our expectations reality based.

Old August 2nd, 2005, 07:00 PM
hcat

We took cc on two upcoming trips on Mercury--Had to in order to get the balcony cabin we used to get as a regular one--plus we will get dbl cruise credit for cc classs--so for this ship it paid for us to go that route--on millenium class ship it would not be worth it for us....just need the balcony midships!
Old August 3rd, 2005, 11:08 AM
Passenger

The same cabins that were ordinary balcony cabind last year on the Millie class are now CC class at a much higher price. Not woprth it.
Old August 5th, 2005, 09:44 PM
cessna

Default Re: Re: concierge class

I am cruising for the first time on the Summit , Seward to Vancouver and have purchased a regular veranda room #9026 on the Sky deck. My question, is this room on the Port (land) side of the ship? For this Southbound journey. Did you purchase your cruise through Celebrity directly as I did? What days are the one day only's prices given? I have never cruised before and will never get back to Alaska again. If I like cruising, I will go down California to Mexico. Please reply about shore excursions and what you got to see in Alaska. I am very excited about our trip there. It is costing an arm and a leg as you know. Thank you for any information, Cessna
Old August 7th, 2005, 07:40 AM
Parrot Mom

When we booked the Century for a trans-Atlantic in mid-January we had no intention of booking a CC cabin, but the extras that Celebrity and the travel agency tossed in made it worthwhile.. plus the main selling point was not the flowers or appetizers but priority service in embarking and debarkation which is drives me up a wall and the delivery service of luggage.plus just in case we wanted a shore excursion (which we probably wont). Now that I think of it we booked it at a travel show that was going to be closed down that night due to a huge blizzard..maybe they had a quota..lol I only wish that we had a balcony..but at the price they were asking there was no way... BTW we have been on 20 cruises and are now retired..
Old August 7th, 2005, 01:54 PM
sealegs

Default Re: Re: Re: concierge class

Hi,

# 9026 is starboard , far forward, not too far from the elevators without being right
next to them. Although you're under a public deck ( # 10 , or '' resort deck " ), you
will not be disturbed by any major noise : you're under the hair salon.....
Being on the '' right '' side south or north does not really matter on the Alaska run.
During daylight hors, you're mostly in port , or navigating thru various channels ( or
canals..) on the way to or from a port. For Hubbard Glacier, the highlight of the whole
voyage, the ship goes in, gets VERY close, then manoeuvres in two circular sweeps
so everybody gets'' equal viewing time ''....So, if you chose to stay in your cabin the whole
time, you'll get excellent viewing ( even in crappy weather, as you only need approx 500'
visibility...).
Excursions are very subjective; what's good for one is blah for someone else, really.
I'd pick Ketchikan as a '' get off anf walk around '' port, charming, not big, attractive.
Juneau is more of your '' shopping '' port, as well as offering a good array of glacier flights as well as local excursions. Skagway is one of a kind, the train ride up the
White Pass is real nice, some glacier flights also offered. IcyStrait is a tender call.
Cute little village in Hoonah, and very good whale watching local excursions.
Excellent ship
Happy sailings
You'll love it.
CG
Old August 7th, 2005, 02:10 PM
Passenger

We have taken two cruises in the last couple of years both conceirge class and have not to my knowledge received priority disembarkation. It still goes by the time your flight is leaving as they always ask you for that.

The first cruise on Millenium we were about the 9th color down the list and on Summit we were about the 4th color called to disembark, that is not my idea of priority embarkation, but maybe my expectations are high.
Old August 7th, 2005, 03:54 PM
Pauli

We are sailing on Constellation on 10/17/05 has anybody stayed in cabin 6144? Just wanted to know if balcony was nice size? Seemed like this was a larger verandah.
Old August 8th, 2005, 01:43 AM
sealegs

Hi,
# 6144 does indeed have a '' deeper '' verandah. It's one of those oddball staterooms.
The inside dimensions are textbook '' cat 2 ''...but it is sandwiched between a regular
( non ''CC" ) and a Royal suite, deep aft. As a result, you have a larger dimension
verandah, coupled with '' CC '' service, and a great aft location.
You'll enjoy that !!

Cheers
CG
Old August 8th, 2005, 07:28 PM
Pauli

Default Re: Re: concierge class

Thanks for the reply. This was a big help.
Old August 10th, 2005, 01:12 PM
hcat

what about 7144 on Summit? We used to go on deck 8 but that turned cc class & not worth it...one cabin we had on that deck was next to a suite with a very small pie shaped balcony--I'd be really anoyeed if I paid extra for that one--only 1erson could go out at a time & suite guests could look right at you!
Also I stand corrected ; you can get a non cc balcony on Merc..but we went cc to get the balcony cabin we previously were in & liked!
Old August 10th, 2005, 10:48 PM
sealegs

Hi,
# 7144 is a classic '' cat 2 '' cabin. Near mid-ship , a couple of doors down from
the outside elevators but close to the main elevators; standard dimensions; nothing
special about its balcony.
Certainly not to be confused with any '' # xx44 " cabins on other decks as numbering
system for Celebrity '' Millie " class ships varies from deck to deck..
You're in a near ideal location.
You're on a near-perfect ship
Happy sailings
Cheers
CG
Old August 13th, 2005, 04:26 PM
hcat

Thank you "sealegs"-- I think we will be happy with that cabin on Summit which is a great ship- We always prefer mid ships for smooth sailing & convenience to everything on board. hope CDS will be gone by March 06!