Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 29th, 2005, 09:22 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default CC aft cabins on Infinity

We are considering booking a cabin on the back of Infinity. Does anyone know if there is a roof to our balony? Has anyone every stayed in any of these cabins? We are looking at deck 8.
Sponsored Links
Old July 29th, 2005, 11:01 AM
gann

Default Re: CC aft cabins on Infinity

Part of the balcony will be covered and the part towards the stern will be open. You will have the best of both worlds. Love the aft cabins. Have a good cruise.
Don
Old July 29th, 2005, 11:02 AM
gann

Part of the balcony will be covered and the part towards the stern will be open. You will have the best of both worlds. Love the aft cabins. Have a good cruise.
Don
Old July 29th, 2005, 01:07 PM
sctl

We stayed in aft cabin #8185. As gann mentioned part of balcony is covered, which is great because you will be able sit out during the rain showers. This cabin made the trip. The panoramic views were incredible. We ate breakfast on the balcony each morning and watched eagles soar and the waterfalls coming down the mountains. In hubbard glacier we sat on the balcony when the ship turned around and could see it for hours. The views were so fantastic that we skipped many of the shows at night just to sit on our balcony. These cabins are one of the first to sell out. Our neighbor on the ship told us he plans his cruises to Alaska around these aft cabins. You are going to love it. We planned another trip next year to Alaska with an aft cabin.
Old July 29th, 2005, 03:24 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: CC aft cabins on Infinity

We booked #7208 and are definitely looking forward to it!! I'm glad my DH talked me into upgrading to CC so we could get a true aft cabin. We are outside people so I'm sure we will spend a lot of time out there.
Old July 29th, 2005, 10:33 PM
sealegs

Hi,

# 7208 has to be THE best CC cabin on the whole ship., next to # 7212.

You might have a slightly '' uncovered '' balcony but you're 100% private.
Also, the perfect '' aft ' location, plus being as close to mid-ship as can be ( top deck to water line ). No noise source from up above ( unless your cuisemates up there tought
they were on Carnival and are behaving as such....). Down below are the 2 Penthouse
suites....hardly the place you'd expect rowdiness ( plus you can be a bit cheeky and
take a bit down and'' admire '' their amenities.....).

Couple that with Concierge service, and on a Celebrity ship, and you're pretty
close to heaven without checking in at the gates first !!!!

CStorm is right, he is also very well advised in his choice of cabins.
SCTL : you were almost as lucky as Cstorm . Did you find the mates in
# 8183 '' curious "" ( they can take a peek over your way from their balcony....)

We're looking at Norway Fjords , summer '07 , Connie ( if she is still doing that
itinerary in July '07...), and guess what cabin we're looking for.....# 7212 or 7208 !!!
We're booked for a full transit Panama on Infinity april '06, currently in a '' 2C "
but have requested a "" CC "" paid upgrade ( currently sold out but '' we're on the list''....)
We have 4 cabins in mind....guess what they are : 7212 7208, 8185 and 8185....

Happy sailings
Cheers
CG
Old July 31st, 2005, 09:29 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: CC aft cabins on Infinity

Let's hope that this is the first of many correct decisions we make. We haven't been on a cruise in 16 years and we won't be on this one for another year. Saving every penny we can to cover shore excursions and bar tab. We don't plan on returning to Alaska anytime soon so we want to make sure we do it right the first time!

Thanks for the vote of confidence!
Old August 1st, 2005, 06:48 PM
Pooh Bear

We just returned from Millie Med. May 15. While we've booked CC cabins many times on Summit and Infinity in Alaska and PC cruises - this was our very first experience with an aft cabin. We booked this Med. cruise while we were on Summit Repo to Alaska last May and we were shocked to see that your request for an aft cabin was granted.

We were in 9162 in the Med. and we couldn't have enjoyed anything more! We enjoyed breakfast each and every morning looking out over another country!

In the evenings we, too, would forgo the ship's entertainment and simply retire to our veranda. I can't even begin to describe the absolute beauty of the lights and the scenery as we slowly cruised out of Villefranche at 11:00 P.M. It looked as though the French Riv. was wearing a diamond necklace - we were reclining in our lounge chairs, enjoying a lovely bottle of French wine we had purchased while on shore that afternoon.

Now I'm so afraid that I'll never again be able to book a cruise unless I can hook an aft cabin.

You'll LOVE it!
Old August 1st, 2005, 08:40 PM
gann

We are booked in #7206 on the Millennium in Nov. for a trans-atlantic crossing. We were in 7208 on the Constellation a couple of years ago for a Baltic cruise and there is just nothing better than an aft cabin as far as we are concerned. We too eat breakfast each morning on the balcony and have even slept in one of the lounge chairs at night. The lights on the wake is beautiful at night. Enjoy!!!!
Don
Old August 4th, 2005, 03:20 PM
Passenger

I worked extremely hard to snag the cabins I have on upcoming cruises; i.e.:

4/2/2006 Infinity through Panama Canal: 7206
9/9/2006 Summit to Alaska Inside Passage: 7203
4/22/2007 Infinity to Hawaii: 9162

I'm not about to let any of these go ....