Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 2nd, 2005, 07:22 PM
hcat

Default Merc: music, food & entertainers

Can any recent Mercury cruisers give a brief run down on the dining/food choices, names of bands onboard (does anyone know when the next contract will change?) and how the entertainmemnt was overall. ? Looking forward to a Sept. cruise on a great ship!
Sponsored Links
Old August 3rd, 2005, 11:48 PM
David Starkey

Default Re: Merc: music, food & entertainers

Was on the Mercury the first week of July. The food was the standard Celebrity menu while she sails Alaska (its about the same menu as they have used for the last 2-3 years up there). Steaks were very good other entree's were average banquet type food. Soups and deserts average at best.
Show's we saw were good and seemed to be enjoyed by most passengers. I don't remember any particular bands name...sorry.
We really like the Mercury and the staff is very pleasant. We have sailed this ship regularly since her first year in service and feel she is still in "good shape" .
Old August 4th, 2005, 12:50 PM
hcat

Thanks for the recent info--we too liked this ship in the past & now have two cruises booked on her. The ship has a great layout & excellent facilities.
Old August 7th, 2005, 11:21 AM
Pam Kelly

Default Mercury CC Staterooms

I am taking my mother on the Mercury Sept. 2, 2005, for her 76th birthday. I've been on a few other cruises and have always enjoyed the "large window or sliding glass doors to a balcony", I noticed on the Mercury you only have a single "glass door", can anyone tell me what they opinion of this is regarding view etc. Is the CC class worth the extra money are the rooms really better?
Pam Spitler
ppk347 at aol.com
Old August 7th, 2005, 05:36 PM
hcat

The door never really was an issue for us but it is different than sliders. Also, the cc cabin is the same as it was when it was a plain old balcony cabin before they changed it...we had no choice--to get a balcony you have to get cc on Mercury so in that way it is worth it. Also get dbl cruise credit iof you are interested in moving up for benefits...On an M class I would not bother with going cc but that's just a personal opinion. You are cruising before us (we are at end of Sept) so let us know what you think--I am wondring if the luggage will really get there any sooner but I do think they always deliv to suite & then top floors first anyhow....hope you will also post about the entertainmemnt on board dining & other tips...Hope your mom has a Happy B-day!
Old August 8th, 2005, 02:45 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to richsea
Default Re: Re: Merc: music, food & entertainers

You do not have to book CC in order to get a balconey on Mercury. Cat. 2A, on deck 8 has balconies. CC cabins are on deck 9 & are the same size as cat 2A. (172sq ft. In my opinion, CC is only worth the added cost on M class ships. Those used to be Cat 1A, 1B, 1C & are larger than normal balconey cabins on M class (191 sq ft vs 170sq ft)
Old August 8th, 2005, 07:54 PM
Luthien

I was also on Mercury in early July. Bands I remember -
The party band was called "Top Secret";
Rendevous lounge dance music duo was the Black and White Duo
String quartet - Arpeggione Quartet
Pianist - Jonathan Deutsch
Old August 8th, 2005, 09:18 PM
Pam Kelly

hcat - I'll try to remember to come back to this webiste after our cruise. But in case I forget you can email me at: PPK347 at Aol. You say the door was really never an issue, but what I'm concerned about is this --- do you have a good view from inside your cabin like you do from the sliding glass door type cabin?
Thanks for the birthday wish for my mom, she's a very special lady and I'm excited about our trip and want it to be very special.
Pam
Old August 10th, 2005, 01:04 PM
hcat

Pam I will try to see if I have a photo of the door or see one in the brochure--will e-mail you in a few days... Yes I must admit I was wrong about needing to book cc to get a balcony on Mercury. & I have mentioned that a few times. I have been under this wrong impression for awhile now & have booked two cruisees CC on Mercury thinking that. What initally motivated me was how much we liked 1065 in the past & needed to go cc to get same cabin--now I see I could've saved some money but we are already booked so will just enjoy it & get dbl cruise credits each time... As to M class on both of our two last Celeb trips (Connie & Summit) we were on deck 8 & had the larger cabin size--Now that it is cc I am not really sure it's worth it--have to think about it--we will have a smaller balcony cabin again on Summit so I can compare for the future...
Old August 15th, 2005, 12:32 PM
hcat

Pam--can't seem to find the photo--I actually like the door on Merc better than the sliders-just a personal preference...If a pic turns up I'll post it.