Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 14th, 2005, 04:59 PM
yannis

Default Infinity/Millennium switch for South America

There is a rumor that the Infinity will be switched with the Millennium for the upcoming South America cruises. Any truth to this rumor?
Sponsored Links
Old August 15th, 2005, 12:29 PM
sealegs

Default Re: Infinity/Millennium switch for South America

Hi,

Which specific sailing ( s ) are you referring to ???

I'm curious now,........

Cheers
CG
Old August 15th, 2005, 05:27 PM
yannis

The rumor is on all sailings next winter. We will be sailing on February19,2006
Yannis
Old August 15th, 2005, 07:54 PM
sealegs

Hi,
As at today, Infinity still is on the records as sailing her SouthAmerica program, and ending up in FortLauderdale 2nd April for a 15 day full Panama transit ( which we're
booked on.....) to SanFransisco....
I suppose if they swap her program with Millie, no major change as they're identical
( and Millie is going into scheduled drydock early November'05....meaning she'll be
in tip top shape , supposedly...)....But is Infinity simply swapping....or is SHE going
for a belatedly scheduled drydock in the winter, at the cost of 2 or 3 Carribean sailings ???

Even more curious....
Cheers
CG
Old August 15th, 2005, 09:12 PM
Cruise Maniac

"We will be sailing on February19,2006"

Yannis... on Millie or Infinity? I'm on Millie for that date. If it's Millie, Eastern Car, have you signed up for the CC party on Cruise Mates?

Stacy
Old August 16th, 2005, 07:13 PM
Yannis

Hi Sacy,

We have been on both ships but the Millennium is our favorite. I have not signed up for the CC party yet but I will be doing that soon. Stacy South America is a part of the world that we have not been there and we are looking forward to this trip. It looks that is you and us so far. Let's keep in touch.

Yannis
Old August 16th, 2005, 08:46 PM
Cruise Maniac

"Stacy South America is a part of the world that we have not been there and we are looking forward to this trip."

So, are you going to SA or the Carribean? I'm having a hard time figuring it out!

lol
Stacy... I think I must be having a blonde moment.
Old August 17th, 2005, 06:03 PM
Yannis

Hi Stacy,

We are going to South America.
Old September 2nd, 2005, 02:49 PM
sealegs

Hi,
Yannis, your rumour mill is good........Celebrity just announced the '' swap '' whose rumour you shared with us. This was done so as to '' adjust '' various drydock schedules for both Mille and Infinity. While they refer to 1st quarter '06 and involving only SouthAmerican and Carribean sailings, one has to do the maths and conclude this swap will have effects beyond those seasons. Infinity is cheduled for drydock in the Bahamas 20march to 06april.....thus, her 2nd april TransPanama to SanFransisco, followed by 2 Mexican Riviera voyages and her Alaska season have to be covered by Millenium if the maths make any sense, with Infinity covering Millie's itineraries post Carribean, transat and Europe.......
Either that, or Celebrity will drop the other shoe and announce major '' modifications' to Infinity's Transpanama 2nd April sailing and at least one of the 2 Mexican Riviera currently following....
Four of us are on that 2nd April cruise, and I beleive some cruismate posters are as well.....
I certainly hope that dreadful CDS is not on the menu for MILLIE's drydock this coming November.....or on INFINITY's as well next march....
Anybody out there knows which European shipyard haas the contract for Millie's drydock in November ??? Barcelona is her home port both prior and after the drydock....
Cheers
CG
Old September 2nd, 2005, 05:06 PM
Admiral

A group of us are scheduled for the MIllie's Caribbean cruise April 2-9, 2006 ... should be interesting?!?!

I cruise the Emerald Princess, Eastern Caribbean on April 16, 2012
Old September 2nd, 2005, 05:50 PM
sealegs

Default Re: Re: Infinity/Millennium switch for South America

Hi,
Wow.....that one is really in a big black hole !!!!! Infinity in drydock, Millenium '' supposedly '' covering her itineraries......

I think Celebrity is indeed getting ready to drop the other shoe.....and it will affect BOTH ships' original itineraries scheduled right around early April, which in my books is second quarter ( original announcement refers to first quarter only....).

Let's all stay tuned.....Lucky for me I have not yet bought any pre-cruise air flights......

Cheers
CG
Old September 3rd, 2005, 03:26 AM
sealegs

Hi, Yannis and Cruznut...
Did the maths here....I think Mr Hanranan's statement to the press that '' all itineraries in each region are unchanged'' is misleading, perhaps ill-advised as it does not refer to ALL the facts....
While 24thDecember05 is a logical swap date ( Milly in from 6 day Eastern Carib sailing and Infinity just in from the Pacific coast, let's fastforward to 19th March'06...
Milly is in Valparaiso readyfor 14 day sailing to FortLauderdale, and Infinity just in from a 7 days Eastern Carib voyage, HEADS OFF TO DRYDOCK.;;;the 19th&26thMarch Western //Eastern Carib sailings HAVE NO SHIP TO SAIL THEM.......!!!!!!!!
Now, let's move to 2nd April: with Infinity still drydocked till 6thApril, one of 2 things will happen:
A/ Milly keeps ''swapping'',goes to SanFransisco on 15 day trans-panama, does 2 Mexican Riviera, and on to Alaska....The Rest of the Carribean schedule prior to 23April transat is '' amended ', but TO WHAT ???? (Infinity covers that....) OR
B/ Milly reverts to '' original'' schedule and does 2 '' eastern // Western Caribean'' cycles prior to 23rd April transat....2nd april transpanama sailing and 17th April Mexican Riviera SanFransisco round trip are '' amended ''...but TO WHAT ???? ( Infinity covers that....)

To all guests affected by this scenario ( among them, 4 of us, as well as quite a few cruisemates...) Celebrity owes it to drop the other shoe quickly. I'm positive all the Celebrity folks in the planning department already figured out what a layman like me spotted in minutes....

Does anybody has another perspective on this ??? Am I missing something here ???
I could be way off base....
Cheers
CG
Old September 6th, 2005, 12:46 PM
sealegs

Hi,

Yannis and Cruznut;

Celebrity Cruise lines, as at this a.m ( 0935pdt) states emphatically that the press release 2nd Sept from Dan Hanrahan ought to have referred to 1st April, not 6th April
as the end of drydock for Infinity. She's scheduled to be back in FortLauderdale for resumption of her original sailings, starting with 15 day Panama to SanFran. 2nd april.
But his assurance that '' all itineraries in both regions remain exactly as scheduled'' is still erroneous, as the 19th March and 26th March Eastern Carribean sailings will not take place : no ship, no voyage !!! Infinity is arriving to her dockyard 20th March and emerges out 1st April.
So, cruznut, you're good to go on Millie, it seems.
Yannis: again, thanks for the clarity of your crystal ball; it was '' right on ''.

Happy sailings
Cheers
CG
Old September 6th, 2005, 06:43 PM
Admiral

Thanks for the good news ... passed it on to my fellow travelers.

I cruise the Emerald Princess, Eastern Caribbean on April 16, 2012
Old September 6th, 2005, 08:58 PM
JOE REYNOLDS

I have read from other boards that Millennium will do the South American Cruise 3/5 and 3/19/06 in place of Infinity. I am planning on being on the 3/19/06 and think I will be on the Millinneum rather than the Infinity.
Is this in agreement what others think?
Old September 6th, 2005, 11:47 PM
sealegs

Hi,
Absolutely.
CG
Old September 10th, 2005, 01:13 AM
audrey

DH and I are sailing on Infinity on April 2 thru Panama canal and I hear it is sold out. So I am happy to hear that it was a typo on April 6 instead of april 2
Old September 10th, 2005, 08:49 PM
sealegs

Hi. Audrey,

So are we !!!! And yes, it is sold out ( for now anyways....) We booked our own balcony stateroom late December. When trying to book friends on board, we only succeeded in getting a waitlist , and this only after the initial '' group policy recall date '' 1st August had passed ( Per RCL's new group policy). Our friends have applied $$$ on the waitlist file, which gives it a huge jump up the list. We're hoping they get cleared.

This itinerary ( and couple of similar ones by SUMMIT ) are extremely popular.
And yes....thank God for the typo in the press release....

Happy sailings
CG
Old September 12th, 2005, 08:03 PM
Beginner

I called celebrity and they have confirmed the switch. The inifinity is having some problems with their pods ( i think it has something to do with the stabilizers not sure). So they want to keep the infinity closer to home in case she runs into problems before her drydock to repair them.

Anyone else going on the March 19th cruise now on the Millineum?