CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Celebrity (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/celebrity/)
-   -   Connecting cabins! (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/celebrity/212189-connecting-cabins.html)

Pringle8 August 17th, 2005 01:28 PM

Connecting cabins!

Hi...
We have booked connecting cabins on the summit for next year, cabins 7045 & 7047 on Vista deck. What exactly is a connecting cabin, do they have an interior door between them & can the partition on the balcony be taken away to extend the length of the balcony? Any info anone can give on these cabins would be much appreciated. Thanks

swscruiser August 17th, 2005 04:13 PM

Re: Connecting cabins!

There is an interior door between cabins, and I believe that the partition can be taken down on the verandas

sealegs August 17th, 2005 11:55 PM

Hi,
Yes on both counts.
Happy sailing
Cheers
CG

Born to Cruise August 18th, 2005 07:30 PM

Just beware: The connecting door once "unlocked" remains unlocked at all times. You have no option to lock the door for privacy at any time. Of course, you can shut the door, but that is only as good as the people on the other side allow it to be.

You might get to know them better than you wish.

You can try to get a key from the room stewart, but it is a "master key" which I don't think they will let you have.

We've had "connecting rooms" twice. Didn't feel secure or comfortable either time. Will
NEVER do it again. In fact, we make sure there is NO CONNECTING door in the stateroom at all.

MARLENE August 23rd, 2005 10:16 PM

Re: Re: Connecting cabins!

Who unlocks them? If they are locked and we do not know the other people, why would they be unlocked, ever in that situation??

Thanks

TSCOTT September 24th, 2005 01:11 PM

No one has responded to Marlene's question yet, but I am curious as well. We have a connecting room when when we sail to Alaska next June. :?: [/quote]

PeteandMandy September 24th, 2005 01:26 PM

Connecting Cabins

Hi, we've had a connecting cabin once and the door was always locked. I suppose if the two parties don't know each other and both request that it be locked there wouldn't be a problem. Same if both wanted it unlocked.

Not sure the third option would arise where one wanted it open and the other locked.

Remember the stafff are there to makle your holiday as pleasurable as possible so some compromise should be achieved without too much fuss.

Now, go find the cocktail bar and have fun! LOL

CruzNut September 24th, 2005 10:25 PM

Noise w/connecting cabin

If you have a connecting cabin next to a 4 person cabin, would you hear a lot of noise/conversation, etc.??? Thanks.

Fieldmouse October 7th, 2005 04:44 PM

Yes, I am very curious to know if you can hear noise and conversations through the connecting door. We have reserved a cabin with a connecting door for our Alaskan cruise also. Any comments or experiences from fellow cruisers appreciated.

daysatsea October 7th, 2005 06:58 PM

The partitions between the verandahs are permanent and bolted to the framwork. They cannot be taken down. At least that has been our experience on the Millie class ships.