Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 12th, 2005, 04:05 PM
First Mate

Default why couldn't I log in under old user name?

So far not too happy with this board--I mainly preferred it over the other one due to it's easy format--& now this is the same...(actually much worse) .I also could not get in by just typing my forever user name & e mail address--both of whihc I had for years--so now I presume am starting at post # 1.... Is there any way you can help me with this or should I just pretend I am a brand new person to this board..... Kind of odd it was not announced & just appeared!
Sponsored Links
Old September 12th, 2005, 04:09 PM
First Mate

I found some of my old posts so Iguess I was always a guest--still have same user name so I gues it'll work Also how do I get rid of all these smilies appearing in left side of the window???
Old September 12th, 2005, 04:10 PM
First Mate

Thought I disabled them & they are back!
Old September 12th, 2005, 04:39 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Hcat.. when you disable the emoticons, you're disabling them for your use. They still appear on the left side of the reply box.

Unless you were using "threaded view", if you chose not use any of the features available with these boards, there's really very little difference in posting from the other boards.

As far as prior notification of the changeover... I understand the transition could have gone smoother... but...would it really make a difference if your were told a week ago that the boards were going to change to a new format today?

You still wouldn't have known what the changes were until you saw them.

We didn't have a firm date to announce because they have been under development for some time, and we never really knew when they'd be ready to "go public".

You must not have been a registered member before, or your screename, password, etc. would have been brought into the data base already. Happy to see that you did choose to register, and join the CM community.

Hopefully as you move around, and get a feel for the new boards, you'll find the benefits that they offer over and above the old ones.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old September 12th, 2005, 05:41 PM
First Mate

thanks Kuki--good luck with the new system--hopefully we'll get used to it & some improvements can be made over time based on user suggestions!
Old September 12th, 2005, 07:37 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

in the old boards you did not have to register, with these you do. Please do register and contribute, we will miss you if you don't! and when you register you get free gifts! like emoticons, and private messages!
Old September 12th, 2005, 08:17 PM
First Mate

I had the same problem but just asked for a new password, which came very fast....thanks, and I was able to get in and change my password to what I wanted. No problem.

Love the new site...reminds me of another one out there.

Thanks to all for their hard work.

Happy cruising.
Old September 15th, 2005, 02:12 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to DocJohnB

Just testing this very question.
Old September 15th, 2005, 08:42 PM
First Mate

spent about 15 minutes tonight trying to log onto this site again even though I have my code etc...--really not as user friendly as it used to be..also all efforts to send a help me messge were rebuffed by the computer-- Between the new stuff here & the problems on the other board I am going back to TV--can't wait to cruise next week!