Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 20th, 2005, 09:19 PM
Passenger

Default Oct. 31 first time on Mercury

This is our first cruise on Celeberty. We have been on Princess and Carnival. I was wondering what other cruisers thought about which cruise line is better or are they all about the same. I have been on 5 cruises this will be number 6 and I have not been on a bad one yet. Is the food on the mercury as good as on the carnival elation? (best i have had so far)
Sponsored Links
Old September 20th, 2005, 10:11 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Y2C

I enjoy Celebrity. To me the food is very good, better than Princess, Holland or Royal Caribbean. Have not been on Carnival but the wife has and likes Celebrity food. Of course those 3 day cruises are not a good comparison.

Mercury is a well laid out ship, traffic flows well with passengers.
It is not advertised but sign up for the galley tour with guest relations if it is still available.

Like yourself we have never had a bad cruise, some just better than others. Celebrity is one of our favorite cruise lines.

Sea of Cortez on Ryndam 9-28-2005

Round trip Los Angeles to Hawaii, Summit March 26, 2006

Vancouver Alaska Los Angeles, Sept 16, 2006 on Summit

Old September 21st, 2005, 03:10 PM
First Mate

Can't compare as we have never been on Carnival but food on Celeb is usually quite good. & the cruise experience is usually EXCELLENT!--which we can only compare to Royal whihc has the nicest ships! We are returning to Merc on friday for a 5 day mini inside passage & will let you know how it goes...Can't wait to cruise
Old September 21st, 2005, 09:52 PM
Passenger

thanks for the help i have 41 days until I go to mexican cruise 11 days and am cruiseing from las angles to new york by way of panima next april
Old October 8th, 2005, 08:58 PM
First Mate

We are just back & really enjoyed this ship. It's a bit worn in places but is spotless with great service--really enjoyed concierge class. Food was good to excellent, T pool excellent & can't think of anything to complain about--check in from Seattke was also a pleasure. Let us know how you like the Mexican trip--we are signed up for it on Merc in 07--hope it does not get too worn by then...needs some new bedding etc...