Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Celebrity
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 22nd, 2005, 10:07 AM
Beginner

Default Constellation July 2006

Planning a baltic cruise with Constellation in July 2006 (4 families). Need a few questions answered.
1. Two families have children aged 4,8,and 10. Is this cruise appropriate for this age group.
Two families have teens 13,15,13,15 are the ages. Would they be OK...
2. Tours to St Petersberg. What woul b ea good reccommend for a group of 15 people.
3. tours to Berlin. do you have any suggestions
4. Are there any shore excursions from celebrity that would be reccommended on this cruise.
hope to hear from fellow cruisers
Thanks[/list]
Sponsored Links
Old September 22nd, 2005, 03:17 PM
Familiar Face

Hi,

We have already booked the July 1, 2006 sailing on Constellation of the Baltics. We booked back in May when it first opened up.

***edited to remove commercial link****

Personally I think the 4 and 8 year olds might be a little young for this itinerary. The 8 year old could be right on the line.

Should be perfect for teens as long as they like to tour museums, palaces and old historic European towns.

We are booking private tours in St. Petersburg and in Berlin. Will probably use celebrity shore excursions in a few other places and do some other towns "on our own."

Anne Maria[/url]
Old September 24th, 2005, 10:31 PM
Admiral

This seems like a pretty involved itinerary for young children, but if you already have booked it, I am sure everyone will have a great time. Celebrity like all lines has a kids program as well as teen age activities. As for the tours, I can't help you much there. NMNita
Old October 7th, 2005, 05:30 PM
Passenger

Default M-Class ships

I have been on 2 M-Class ships and there is not much for children. There were very few children on our 14 day Baltic cruise in May and we appreciated that !

There is one play area on the topmost deck in the back.

I don't think Celebrity caters to children and therefore it is not surprising to see very few children on board.

I don't recall reading about any special children's activities in the daily flyer, but then I was not looking for them either.
Old October 8th, 2005, 11:46 PM
First Mate

Hi,

On the '' standard '' 7 day cruises in popular markets, Alaska and Carribean, Celebrity has a good children program, perhaps not to the level of its parent, RCCL ( which has superb children programs), but as good as Princess , NCL and HAL, imo.
On the more exotic, specialized, or refined longer itineraries, the emphasis is sharply reduced;; there are indeed much less family-type bookings on those, due to their very nature, thus much less requirements for children programs. As Crusingchick mentionned earlier, those itineraries are really not for ''non-adult''....And I would presume this holds true for all lines, not only Celebrity.

Happy sailings
CG

Nest up: CENTURY June'08....B2B Norwegian Fjords/Artic/NorthCape & Scandinavia/Russia

TIME TO BOARD YET ??
CLAUDE G
Old November 14th, 2005, 04:02 PM
Beginner

I took two of my grandchildren on an Alaskan cruise on the Summit a few summers ago and they loved it so much they got where they didn't want to get off the ship when we arrived in the ports. The reason you hardly see the kids is they do have great programs for them and they aren't bothering the adults. The baltics is rather expensive to take little kids if they prefer to stay onboard.